The United States Has Attacked ISIS

[quote=“cfimages”]
No, I’m not calling for boots on the ground. I’m saying if TPTB were genuine in their concerns, that’s what they’d be doing.[/quote]

And be hated for it.

[quote=“hansioux”]
By the way, can we start referring to DAESH as DAESH now?[/quote]

Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.

Of course you do because you are a “strong, independently minded individual thinker who is capable of great insight into the personal motives of those in positions of power. You are clear about what you want in life but also not afraid to take chance to explore hidden attributes of your personality. You are not afraid of a challenge but rise to the occasion, seeking out information and resources that will enable you to engage fully in your fight for fairness.”

Might I recommend our good friends at RT (Russia Today) to you. I think that you will find the In My Opinion segment most gratifyingly in agreement with your Weltanschauung…[/quote]

So sorry if Im not on board with the diligent reporting and equitable narratives of your news sources. I guess I should try harder to blend in for the sake of normality.

EDIT : youtube.com/watch?v=iOzFX2pq80Q

So this town is getting attacked now just over the border from Turkey. Surely you could just fly a load of drones in to pick off attackers as they advanced, fighter jets are fighting a different war.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29382945

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“hansioux”]
By the way, can we start referring to DAESH as DAESH now?[/quote]

Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.[/quote]

Too bad their abbreviation in Arabic isn’t DOUCHE or something.

Well, ISIL does sound like the name of some kind of OTC medication. A laxative, maybe? ISIL helps you purge your system of Christians, heathens and apostates! Side effects may include massive internal bleeding and beheading.

My SEAL cousin’s FB feeds are full of videos of plucking ISIS combatants one by one or aerial bombardments, with calls for revenge and further attacks. You’d think a man about to retire would be less willing to go back to where he has been already what, 8, 12 times? I lost count. sigh

After more than a decade it should be clear that surges, drone strikes, arms shipments to “moderates”, bombing campaigns etcetera are merely knee jerk reactions in a strategy to nowhere. The clue should be the inability of anyone to articulate exactly what the long term strategy is other than some pie in the sky talk about enabling the locals to accomplish what all the president’s weapons and all the president’s men weren’t able to accomplish with vastly greater resources.

The root problem of course is that there are 1.8 billion of them and they all have the same grievance to one degree or another about a jihad being waged against them. Each year more and more of them slide into the extremist camp like a glacier slowly melting and anyone who thinks extremists are being killed off quicker than they’re being created has his head up his ass.

So while it may feel good to throw more gasoline on the fire everyone knows in his heart of hearts the situation’s going to be worse ten years from now because the Pandora’s box has been opened and all the bombing campaigns in the world aren’t going to put the lid back on the box.

The only real question at this point is has the turning point been reached yet? Is it too late for the U.S. to apply the lesson of Vietnam and holster its messiah complex and go home or has the point of no return been reached?

Remember the suddenly notorious, formerly unknown, but utterly scary, Khorasan? The guys that were on the verge of attacking US airliners?

Apparently the Obama administration doesn’t, either.
“Oh, you mean the guys who had, um, “aspirations” to attack airplanes? Hey, look over there-Ebola! Climate Change!!”
From the left:

firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 … ing-syria/

and the right

nationalreview.com/article/3 … c-mccarthy

Khorosan is like Onevermind’s college girlfriend - a sort of composite thingie. Not quite a baldfaced lie, but close to it.

Not that he hasn’t told plenty of indisputable lies.

[quote=“rowland”]Khorosan is like Onevermind’s college girlfriend - a sort of composite thingie. Not quite a baldfaced lie, but close to it.

Not that he hasn’t told plenty of indisputable lies.[/quote]

All presidents lie. That’s their job.

On the latest attempt at shifting blame:

[quote=“MikeN”]Remember the suddenly notorious, formerly unknown, but utterly scary, Khorasan? The guys that were on the verge of attacking US airliners?

Apparently the Obama administration doesn’t, either.
“Oh, you mean the guys who had, um, “aspirations” to attack airplanes? Hey, look over there-Ebola! Climate Change!!”
From the left:

firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 … ing-syria/

and the right

nationalreview.com/article/3 … c-mccarthy[/quote]

Fabrication of Islamic groups and evidence to gain support for invasions of sovereign countries is painfully obvious. The question is who is really pulling the strings .

[quote=“rowland”]

[/quote]

I’m still savoring how “bad intelligence” that was 100% wrong could be called “intelligence.”

[quote=“Winston Smith”]
I’m still savoring how “bad intelligence” that was 100% wrong could be called “intelligence.”[/quote]

It’s the transvaluation of values.

Not going so well…

independent.co.uk/voices/com … 89230.html

Well… it’s early-ish yet, but the trend isn’t looking good. Kind of like the beginning of US involvement in World War II, which got off to a shaky start because… oh that’s right. Sometimes Team America gets a little complacent and out of shape, and then a bunch of people have been slaughtered by the Axis before the training montage is finished.

Hey, maybe this is a rope-a-dope strategy?

They are using an out dated mode of fighting. They will start to use smaller drone tech soon, otherwise they will not succeed in combatting ISIS.

It seems the main objective is going well though - those new fighter jets have gotten a good test. The weapons manufacturers should be happy.

Comparing the quagmire in Iraq to WWIi is one of those horse apples to apples comparisons. For starters WWIi only lasted four years. I.R.A.Q. is in its eleventh year with no end in sight.

The problem, of course, is trying to use bombs and bullets to build nations. It’s like using a meat claver to perform surgery. The U.S.S.A. really only has two choices in the Middle East. Level the place and kill every Muslim between 15 and 50 and start from scratch or holster its messiah complx and go home. Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Um, six years, at least according to my father and my uncles who were fighting Nazis that long.

You know, if you put it that way, there’ll be quite a few shouting “Bombs away”- Ted Cruz for one.

Of course there are enough “boots on the ground” in the immediate neighborhood to stop ISIS from taking Kobani. Unfortunately they belong to the Turkish Army who see no reason to intervene to protect a bunch of Kurdish separatists while giving aid and comfort to their main enemy, the Assad regime.