Themed restaurants/bars/clubs

My housemate recently mentioned that he’d been to a bar where the waitrons were dressed in nurses’ uniforms and the liquor was served from an IV drip. :lick: Anybody been to this place? I also read in the Taipei Times about an airplane themed restaurant. Doubt I’ll go there. I hate flying. The TT actually gave them a bit of a negative review, which flabbergasted me. They are usually so kiss-ass after their free meals.
Anyway, are themed restaurants the sudden rage in Taiwan? Help me here, I don’t get out much. Does Mr Belgian Pie’s restaurant look like a giant waffle?

I read about the airplane one. They lost me when they said they bring you meal out in one of those airplane trays. The only thing worse than airplane food is hospital food. But the nurses are so nice. The hospital theme restaurant is off of Mingchuan E road along the Xinsheng overpass and around the corner from a massage parlor. I’d like to go there some day.

Mr Dr McCoy we should hook up and trade websites.

Isn’t there a toiled themed one in Ximending somewhere too?
As in you sit on a toilet, you get your drinks in pissoars and food in a small toilet and they even have some that looks like turds from what I remember seeing…
Found some pictures funfever.blogspot.com/2007/11/ta … urant.html

Toilet: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28683

Maid: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=58007

There’s a cosplay cafe near Longshan Temple.

This must be the topic of the moment. Check this article by Jonathan Adams in the Global Post.

globalpost.com/dispatch/chin … et-my-soup

Anyone have an exact address or link to the airport themed resto or nurse bar?

I’ve walked past the airplane restaurant. its on that street behind Gongguan MRT which has the water park, although I can’t remember exactly

A380 In-Flight Kitchen
No. 168 Tingzhou Rd Sec 3, Taipei City (台北市汀州路三段168號)

Taipei Times review
taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003436606

Thanks for the address, but Yikes! - They got a terrible review.
Doesn’t sound too good. :ponder:

[quote=“Josefus”]Thanks for the address, but Yikes! - They got a terrible review.
Doesn’t sound too good. :ponder:[/quote]
Sounds like airplane food. :wink:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Josefus”]Thanks for the address, but Yikes! - They got a terrible review.
Doesn’t sound too good. :ponder:[/quote]
Sounds like airplane food. :wink:[/quote]

Touche!

Taiwan: eating shit in the British press:

Did one of you lot take these? :laughing:

I went to the Modern Toilet resto in Hsimen last week and it wasn’t quite as disturbing as I thought it might be. Kinda fun actually. We both got a massive portion of shaved ice/ice-cream that neither of us got even half way through. It was only 100nt. A fun little place worth checking out once.

Now anyone have an addy for the nurse place?

nurse bar:

No.7, Sec. 3, Xinsheng North Road. [新生北路三段七號]

p

[quote=“wix”]A380 In-Flight Kitchen
No. 168 Tingzhou Rd Sec 3, Taipei City (台北市汀州路三段168號)

Taipei Times review
taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003436606[/quote]
We ate there tonight. I didn’t realize what it was until we got to our table and the kids started talking about airplanes. It seems like a roomy place. Unlike on the airplane. The steak was actually pretty good, the pig knuckle was a little bland. The kids had spaghetti. I thought it was a little pricey. Two adults and two kids for almost 1700NT. The service was a little slow, but they were very friendly and smiling.

My little brother is coming in to town to visit next week, and I have been putting together a list of fun theme restaurants in Taipei to try and hit. I think I have a good list, but are there any that I am missing?

Airplane
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=7 … kAWC_pXfCA

Hospital
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=9 … ugOgvamaAQ

Hello Kitty
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=8 … ugOgvamaAQ

Toilet
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 … kQXc-YXWCA

Dinosaur
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 … ugOgvamaAQ

Ninja
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 … kAWK2KDSCA

Jail
ruba.com/place/The_Jail-Taipei_Taiwan

Car
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=2 … uwPSrOXeCA

Classroom
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 … ugOwhvzMCA

Puppet Theatre
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=7 … uAODlfnWDQ

Maid
I stopped by one in Ximen, but don’t have an address.

Driftwood
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=2 … uQPMm-TWCA

Coffin
igougo.com/dining-reviews-b1 … op%29.html

Swingset
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=3 … kAXk5eDcCA

Windows 7
techbang.tw/posts/2505-microsoft … ept-stores

The Indian Beerhall (strange dishes, crickets, duck tongues etc…)
maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=1 … kAWmnP3bCA

Hobbiton
www.hobbiton.com.tw