"They" do it too - but "we" make the news

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]No Taiwanese has ever done that ? Must why they don’t all get in the news. :ponder:
Why do you want to hear more about this story and not those involving Taiwanese ? I know you hire foreigners, and one does this, so they all do this so you have to be careful. I think you’ve assimilated more than enough Taiwanese culture now Bassman. :fume:

He has been tried and convicted in a court of law (just like Michael Jackson has been) so we know it is all true and not a grudge and nothing like [url=Falsely charged for what, status quo, more NT? I presume ?[/quote]

My goodness man - back the truck up a little bit.

If it was a Taiwanese that did it, then it wouldn’t be a big issue for us. The average Taiwanese wouldn’t make an assumption that we are all perverts because of something that a Taiwanese teacher did. But, this IS a foreign teacher that the article is talking about. This IS a foreign community website.

Because if I wanted to know more I could ask a Taiwanese, or the news would give me far more information. Heck, I think they’d show up at the teacher’s house with a film crew and hound the teacher to death. Maybe that is why I am looking to see if anything else has been said about it.

Secondly, there may be more to it that it seems, and who would know more about it, perhaps those in the foreign community.

You said that, not me. I, for one, would never say that, or even think it.

That kind of statement is uncalled for.

and so is this one…

That was completely uncalled for. I’d flame you for that, if it weren’t against the rules.

Your response is precisely why I thought twice about posting this thread.