They went ahead and made the CWB website horrible :(

You had to go digging around for it.

New site appears to be wasting all your battery power too…

Old good. New bad. I’m old.

3 Likes

Is it meant to be a scientific web site? Serious question.

Ya, it is the weather.

It also saves lives and makes money. Lotsof things depend on it. I used toncheck it every couple hours 7 days a week for years when i was working in the mountains. Its a very essential service for a lot of people.

Your sentence construction is very Hemingwayesque. :grin:

I’ve only ever viewed the site on mobile.
I’m sure that’s why I like the new one better.
I never wanted to see anything except typhoon tracks. I can get the usual weather on my Echo Shows or through plain voice control.

Everything is there in detail. But they should add some info for scuba divers.

It may be there but finding it on the new site is a pain, if I want the weather forecast for say NanKang with the probability of rain, I got it with about 3 clicks on the old site. I can’t even find a clickable set of links on the new one to get this - I have to do a search and type NanKang… this is seriously crap, Old site was so much easier to get the info I needed.

Forecast per district

or 7-days forecast Taipei city?

or just under weather, city/townships drop down, you can even look it up on the map (3 clicks)

An appaling and dumbed-down site. Cutesey clouds, FFS. Why does every Taiwanese site / shop / company feel the need to have cartoon images. I’ll continue using v7 until they pull it.

2 Likes

Using Weather → city/townships I can now get to it (thanks) but the display itself is still the new awful one.

I still can not find how to get to it via a map, or via a forecast/district or 7-days forecast Taipei and onto a district.

The new site is a real disaster, I hope they revoke it.

2 Likes

The new one is far less informative.
Starting with the earthquake Seismicity page, it shows less tremors and not on one page.
I always was checking for the absence of something before doing things like climbing up the ladder. That’s not possible anymore. I still have the pictures from the 9,21 quake, during and month before the quake. The animation I created can no longer be replicated.
This new page is very unscientific now. It’s for braindead millennial zombies.

5 Likes

Preach brothers. Glad we agree. It really is like a friggen cartoon site now :frowning:

Send an email to them stating short poii ts if you have time. Becayse such a dumb site going to be cheaper to maintain. I get that
. but things like the weather are too important to be dumb

Sadly, we’re at the stage where the site was probably created by braindead millenial zombies, for the very same. This is the society that is currently being fostered.

But you can be assured that they paid very close attention to their cartoon creations, because they’re, like, a really important, like, part of the website, like. It’s so comforting to see most of the screen taken up with meaningless pics.

Capture

2 Likes

Forumosa is the only boring site probably, no cartoons.

The concept of “Sourth” is intriguing, probably some hidden meaning there?
It would be indeed boring, if just a chabuduo instead…

2 Likes

tell us how you really feel ? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ahem.

To whom it may concern.

It would seem the Central Weather Bureau’s internet platform has taken a decidedly intentional direction towards limited intelligence and thought provoking retardation.

Most sincerely,
Brain Cells Everywhere

:thinking: