Things getting sent to Thailand by mistake

Seems fairly common as guys at the USPS can’t seem to tell the difference between Taiwan and Thailand. I did countless orders over the internet but I got a neck from Warmoth that is now in Thailand because it seems it was sent there. That was like a week ago and I haven’t heard anything since. I called Warmoth and they spent some time on the phone with USPS to try to sort the problem out, they told me that if I don’t get it in 3 weeks they’ll refund or replace the stuff. However do you think Thailand will redirect the stuff or do they just steal it like China?

That’s why you need to write Taiwan, ROC as your address… :sunglasses:

then they send it to Columbia, ROC

ROC = Republic of China, so packages with ROC on it sometimes end up getting sent to China. Seriously.

This is why it’s advisable not to write ROC on mail or packages.

That almost happened both times I tried to post something to Taiwan. They had to change the label.

I think that instead of wasting millions trying to get small nations to recognise Taiwan/ROC, they should spend that money to convince the Thai people to change their country’s name back to Siam.

@Chris - I don’t think many people read ROC and think of China, It would definately be a problem if you write it out in full though.

[quote=“AlexBlackman”]That almost happened both times I tried to post something to Taiwan. They had to change the label.

I think that instead of wasting millions trying to get small nations to recognise Taiwan/ROC, they should spend that money to convince the Thai people to change their country’s name back to Siam.

@Chris - I don’t think many people read ROC and think of China, It would definately be a problem if you write it out in full though.[/quote]

So basically the package in question would get a new declaration number right? I think I had a package from Stewart McDonalds sent to Hong Kong (apprantly) that had a package number ending in HK, it was weird when I got the pickup slip because I was like, I never ordered anything from Hong Kong and I thought it was my sister sending me something from Hong Kong, but it turned out it was a stewmac order that got sent to HK by mistake.

[quote=“Henny Youngman”]The last time I took a flight, I said to the baggage handler, “I want this bag to go to New York, this bag to go to Chicago, and this bag to go to Cleveland.”
He said, “We can’t do that.”
“You did it last year.”[/quote]

I can’t tell you how many packages friends swear they sent that I never received! I think I finally :doh: know what happened.

my bank statements often get sent to Thailand. They do eventually turn up here.

I always have my correspondents write TAIWAN (ROC) and the mail doesn’t go to Thailand. It arrives just fine. When it’s just TAIWAN, it does go to Thailand sometimes. It happens so often they have a special stamp for the mail reading “MISSENT TO BANGKOK, THAILAND”.

I only have that problem on items from the UK.

Awesome, some little Thai guy is sitting in his hovel surrounded by Rahimiii’s stuff thinking…I never ordered this, I hope they didn’t charge me for it. I wouldn’t have chosen that colour but hey don’t look a gift horse in the mouth …etc etc.

ROC seems to cause far more confusion than Taiwan when speaking to people in the UK. Which is the PRC and which is the ROC etc etc.

Anyway my advice is never have anything posted to Taiwan. If it does make it that far someone will nick it anyway.

Although I did once have some DVDs returned from Portugal because Portuguese customs wouldn’t let them in, and I got them all back so maybe you should route everything through Lisbon?