Things I wish they'd invent

[quote=“ironlady”]There are inexpensive stick-on “gauges” available for the sides of propane tanks…don’t know whether these would work for LPG tanks or not. Probably not. :frowning:[/quote] Those work, but sometimes require that you pour a glass full of warm water over them. Any temperature sensitive, color-changing sticker will do the trick. You should be able to guess how much is left–within a couple of pounds–just by giving it a shove or a lift. The tanks are fairly standard, and with the models used here, an empty tank probably weighs 30-33 lbs, and holds 35 or 40 lbs when full. If you were to use a scale, and it weren’t busted the first time a tank were plopped on it, you could simply dial it down to show 35 or 40 lbs, and let it run to zero. Back home the specifications are supposed to be stamped on the collar, but I don’t know if that’s the case here.

And here I thought I’d left all my gas jockey knowledge behind.

Hot fizzy drinks! Fun idea. Actually, I hate fizzy drinks, but I’d like to try it once. With the gas bottle, I know that when the shower water is cold, it has run out. Or it is broken. Then I call a MAN, who all have special secret technology for these things.

1. ‘Vanilla Sky’-style create your own reality technology.
  2. Organic iPod, unlimited Gb.
  3. A filter between my brain and my mouth (I believe many people have already developed this technology and are calling it ‘social skills’).
  4. A chip to know what all everybody’s facial expressions mean.
  5. Laser beams in my eyes to kill people. Adjustable beams so I can vapourise mosquitoes without scorching the plaster on the ceiling.
  6. A teleportation machine.
  7. Indian burial ground technology so I can raise an army of dead cats to attack people and just generally piss people off.

I have loads more, but I’m not telling you lot about all my secret plans.
:snooty:

The laser beam technology you stole from IrisHstu, lady! You a dirty… uh… stealer!

Hehe, I infiltrated his ‘Top Secret’ lab. :unamused: The guy is still working with superglue on tiger sharks… He’s years behind the Croatians.

[quote=“bushibanned”]
2.) some kind of gauge, similar to that on a scooter or in a car, to show how much gas is left in the tank. nothing worse than running out of hot water during these chilly mornings.[/quote]

I got my gauges from the gas guy. Not cheap, but at NT$1,000 each, well worth it. I do a lot of cooking and without being able to keep track of how much gas I have I would be in a real bind. It also does make a difference a to having hot baths!

[color=blue]Edit: I tried to insert a couple of pictures in here but… aughhhh!!![/color]

I wish they could invent people who could figure out how much gas is left in their propane tanks by picking them up and jiggling them. That and quad jet-skis. That would be cool.

A time machine so I could be getting all the ass I got when I was 22. Wait a minute…

Flying cars. Like in the Jetsons. Or Blade Runner.

It’s the 21st century. We’re supposed to have flying cars now! :raspberry:

[quote=“Chris”]Flying cars. Like in the Jetsons. Or Blade Runner.

It’s the 21st century. We’re supposed to have flying cars now! :raspberry:[/quote]

Driving on the streets of Taiwan is chaotic enough when you have to worry about two dimensions.

I’ve invented the iTrousers. They only come in white, and they have a single pocket for putting an iPod in. You have to send them back to Apple to be washed, and they cost 10 times as much as normal trousers with more functions. I’m going to be rich !!

I wish they got those bags Doraemon has on his belly… put whatever you want in it so you have everything you need when you need it.

Some people need trousers with a lot of storage space for their big hard drive. Some people don’t.

[quote=“tash”]But on the more realistic side: cellphone that can carry two or more SIM cards at the same time. It’s annoying to carry two phones around all the time.
Maybe they have invented this already?[/quote]
I have heard of an adapter that holds two SIMs and goes into the phone, but you have to switch between the two (via power off/on), i.e. it’s not possible to use the two cards simultaenously.

Here is one such product, with a list of compatible phones: Universal Twin Sim Adapter

(Find more by googling “twin SIM adapter” or “dual SIM adapter”)

http://www.wickedlasers.com

They wont kill people but the more powerful ones (like 75mw or more) will cook mosquito and ants… I bet the 300mw ones will vaporize mosquito too. I got one by the way. And if you do wish to vaporize mosquito with it wear laser goggles and DONT look at the dot because it will vaporize your eye!

OMG, I want that mosquito zapper!

Top of my want list: super-oversized blankets, so I don’t freeze when my sweetie steals them in the night. Tiny gal, maybe 40 kg, and an incorrigible blanket thief.

[quote=“Jaboney”]OMG, I want that mosquito zapper!

Top of my want list: super-oversized blankets, so I don’t freeze when my sweetie steals them in the night. Tiny gal, maybe 40 kg, and an incorrigible blanket thief.[/quote]

Yea but 2000 US dollars or 60,000 NT is a lot for a mosquito zapper if you ask me… I used to take the 55mw unit and vaporize ants by holding them up and shine the laser on them…

I want people to invent Memories Eraser, so that I can…

[quote=“kate.lin”]I want people to invent Memories Eraser, so that I can…

I think neuroscientists are on the way to achieve it.[/quote]

Done. There’s a substance called ‘tequila’. I believe it hails from Mexico. Carnegies sells it. Make sure you know where your keys are before you use it.

Its effect is temporary, is it?

Is there any gadget that really moves parts of your memories away?

A hammer, maybe?

I’m assuming you’re younger than me… :slight_smile:

I want ALL my memories. This world will come up with enough brain-numbing boring shite to rot away your neurons. Keep hold of it all! You need it all in your arsenal, trust me.

They have gauges for gas canisters. Not terribly accurate and you have to remember to go out and check. The simple low tech solution…have a 2nd canister. Lack of hot water can be fixed in two minutes.

I’d like a mask that doesn’t leak moist warm air and fog up my glasses when I come to a stop light. Maybe that hi tech looking one linked in an above post would do the trick.