Things that did not age well - the thread

He’s probably lost a bit of weight recently.

n00b

He’s a porker, for sure, but the photo @Gain provided was clearly altered.

He wasn’t slim in Gladiator, for the before and after photo comparisons. We need to go back to Romper Stomper for that. The man’s always been chunky.

You’re a clever chap, so I assume you’re playing silly buggers now. Look at the background of the photo you provided. The glasses.

Very much so. I’m about 17,000 days into a show that’s been running for around 4.54 billion years.

Well the thing over his head looks weird, but he still looks obese af in other pictures.

He wasn’t slim but he was hot.

I thought you preferred 6 foot 2?

Google search ‘fat Russell Crowe,’ for the shock of your life.
( I’m only saying that due to my technical failings as an adult to post pictures here. )

1 Like

Robert De Niro was a shock in Raging Bull.

1 Like

He’s 6’ which is pretty good already.

So he says. My money is on 5’11 at best.

Aaaaand another thread for derailed…
Congratulations, Forumosa!
:sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes

For the win!!!

Posts that haven’t aged well.

2 Likes

If Xi discovers his inner Putin, he’ll grab Kinmen and Matsu—the low-hanging fruit. That’ll be a test to see how we (and the wider world) responds in this new land-grabbing 21st century world . . .

Guy

You got nothing better to do than gravedig posts for no reason? :sweat_smile:

I didn’t gravedig, it’s my first time seeing the thread.

I mod TW Politics, I get every notification of everything that happens there. I’m just repairing the quotes.

You’re not just repairing them you’re reposting them in a different forum. Pretty obviously. Mind you, if I wasn’t tagged in the post there’s no way I’d know that was my post.

Nahh. I just found those and thought they were posts that didn’t age well in the last 15 years.

While I was busy fixing quotes on a gravedug thread.

Did the invasion come around the 2008 olympics? It did not.

1 Like

Jesus. Imagine going through every opinion expressed on this forum 15 years later and adjudging whether they proved prescient or total bullshit. 99% would fall into the latter category.