Things to do for three days in Tokyo

I really like the capsule sauna hotels although they’re often men only. Also the yukushan and samurai museums are cool and I like the Sanshiro pond in the university
Are there any hotels like that in Taiwan btw? The capsule hotels I’ve been to here blow

google teamLab borderless, it is in Tokyo

1 Like

From Shinigawa, local-ish is Shibuya going one direction, and Ginza and Odaiba going other direction. I would skip Akiharbara.

Do

• Ride Mario cart go-carts downtown streets of Tokyo
  • Ride subway or walk Rainbow bridge to Odaiba
  • Ride ferris wheel at Odaiba
  • See Godzilla statue Ginza and Shinjuku
  • Walk streets in Shinjuku at night
  • Ride ferry

Eating

• Shibuya district just walk and look
    • Genji Sushi Shibuya very popular and convenient
  • Ginza Yurakucho Corridor under elevated subway line

Nightlife

• Robot Restaurant, make reservation, Shinjuku
  • Live music clubs top of Shibuya near Womb
  • Roppongi

Parks

• Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
  • Hamariku Gardens, can catch ferry
  • Ueno Onshi Park, lakes, flowers, museums

Pubs

• Any “Hub” is good pub to meet people

Shopping

• Bic Camera stores have all kinds of amazing electronics and things you’ll never see anywhere else
  • Girl shopping malls and guy shopping malls in Shibuya
  • Tokyu Hands
  • Takeshita Street Harajuku, young trendy
  • Odaiba
  • Ginza shopping street closed to traffic/pedestrian only on Sundays

Temples

• Asakusa Senso-ji Shrine
  • Meiji Shrine

Walking

• Shibuya-Harajuji-Omotedando and all the streets between and around

Why come? I want to see the weird stuff. Also I like Japanese video games.

Let me know if you find it because I never really had any luck finding it even with a local show me around.

Besides maid cafes, there are owl cafes and hedgehog cafes that may be of interest for those stranger cafe experiences.

This would definitely be super neat and I am fond of owls, but my cousin says they smell very strongly of piss. It’s a tentative item on my list.

Are you sure she wasn’t saying “olds”? Like old people?

1 Like

i wouldn’t skip it but i don’t think you need a whole day there. i was kinda bored of a couple of hours. luckily we found an amazing restaurant. theres some cool streets there, i love how in tokyo the streets are built around the railways. i also walked in on a girl who didn’t lock the toilet door there. bit of a culture difference there, girls get really drunk.

In the interest of your own safety, if you happen to hang out in the seedier parts of Kabuchiko, don’t tell anyone that you are active in the same community as ru-fu-ta-pu san.

1 Like

Ueno Park, Asakusa, and Tokyo SkyTree (potential long wait to go up) are all within walking distance, or an easy metro stop. That’s easily one day. From Ueno you can also fit in Akihabara (go in the evening). I found Akihabara a bit boring as you expect a lot of superweirdness, but

Definitely go to Shinjuku and get lost in the crowd. Maybe go to Shibuya + Yoyogi Park + Harajuku first, then on to Shinjuku. Also easily a day.

If you’re into contemporary art museums, then Mori Art museum is the one to go to, it’s in the Roppongi area. They also have a helicopter deck you can walk on (for an additional fee), beats going out all the way to Odaiba for a ferris ride.

Another day… hang around on Ginza (main road closed off in the weekends, nice stroll), walk around Hibiya park, Tokyo main station, imperial palace.

Skip the owl cafes and so… poor animals.

Love Tokyo, but first time I went there as a tourist I didn’t enjoy it that much.

lots of punk gigs still going on in Tokyo. and dozens of old record stores. You know, those black plastic round things that music comes out of?

I presume this is “Akihabara” pronounced with a northern Chinese accent. Akiharrbarra!!! : D

Guy

Take one of the one day or half day tours for Hakone or nearby Fuji, they have winter specials.

https://www.hatobus.com/int/en/detail/r347/

Maid cafe and Robot restaurant yucky. I´d do Ghibli Museum -buy tickets in Taiwan, cheaper and guaranteed. Odaiba and some quirky museums like ramen one.

Ginza is way too expensive, maybe Roppongi? I am a sucker for Shinjuku, but it is messy.

Shinagawa cheap and varied eats close to Waseda University, around Totsukamachi. Explore alleys for the izakayas.

Shopping: Costco in Kawasaki, avoid outlets.

Kitchen utensils street behind Tokyo Station.

Akihabara is for shopping for toys.

1 Like

:noway::rant:

Everybody should experience the extravaganza that is the Robot Restaurant at least once!!