Since it is Christmas and all, I thought I would start a thread on my favorite punching bag, the French (admittedly the government) to focus on what I like about France and the French people
- The best food and wine and presentation in the world.
- Some of the most wickedly droll humor in the world.
- Beautiful, highly livable cities.
- No urban sprawl. Preservation of the countryside.
- Ability to punch far above their weight in world affairs.
- Loyal, generous hosts.
- Richly diverse culture that has traditionally been most welcoming of foreign cultures and peoples.
- Some of the best technology and ingenuity in the world.
- A font of culture, creativity and class.
- One of the most enjoyable countries to spend a two-week vacation anytime of the year.
- Safe, efficient, reasonably priced public transportation.
- Friendly, welcoming hoteliers and restaurant owners.
- Helpful citizenry that are willing to help the 70 millionth tourist this year find their way down the same street AGAIN today. Thanks for the patience.
- Some of the most elegant dinner party organizers and charming hosts.
- Thin despite eating so much rich food.
- Some of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Modern architecture that is wisely centered in certain districts rather than mixing and mingling everything in a hodge podge as we do in the Anglo world.
- Understanding that friends and family are sometimes more important that logical rational thinking and behavior.
There. How’s that? Anyone else?