This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2021 edition)

What’s the WTF story? :ponder:

1 Like

I’m with Rick. I don’t get it. :neutral_face:

Guy

No specific story behind it. It is crazy electric wiring and plumbing in favela.
Could not find any better thread for it.

2 Likes

I’m no longer living in Taiwan at the moment so I can’t go and confirm for myself, does McDonald’s in Taiwan have the McFlurry on the menu? And if so are they always broken like here in the United States?

Yes and no, they’re usually available.

2 Likes

I think I’ve experienced a “broken” McFlurry machine maybe once here.

7-11 Slurpee machines, on the other hand…I swear they all break down as soon as the temperature goes up high enough where I’d want one. Every time.

1 Like

Here’s one for this thread: ill-tempered and bad-mannered Hsinchu guys were apparently displeased with their food-buying options in Taichung, and lashed out:

Guy

1 Like

Not really related to how to buy food online.

Exactly! These guys could have saved everyone a lot of trouble if they had done so. :rofl:

Guy

It’s a crime to spill braised pork.
Seriously, this reads like we’re missing some important info about what the real issue was otherwise the owner would’ve pressed charges.

1 Like

Not wanted to further antagonize gangsters would be my guess.

But no use crying over spilled braised pork. :slight_smile:

Guy

1 Like

It sounded like a gangster story. Guess he didn’t pay his “protection” fee

The big story here isn’t a WTF itself, but the fact that people are actually talking about a hypothetical ban of a whole music genre in a supposedly modern country… kind of is. :2cents:

https://theeuropatimes.com/turkish-government-sees-k-pop-as-a-threat/

1 Like
4 Likes

The only WTF is the click bait title.
Some dudes arrested for breaking lock down rules and having suspicious amount of cash on them. Hey, they happened to have some fast food in the car too! Let’s front-page that as KFC chicken smuggling arrest! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s amazing how people’s definition of “WTF” can be recalibrated via the appropriate amount of propaganda.

It is unclear whether the men intended to sell the food or if they hoped to use it as a distraction if they were to be pulled over.

The possibility they simply wanted to eat it later, because they can’t get it in their town due to lock down rules, must be really far fetched.

1 Like

I guess I took it as they were bootlegging KFC, and it seemed weird to me that there would actually be a lucrative market for such crap.

1 Like

I think China has started banning any men who look or act too feminine, so basically BTS is gona be blocked in CHINA now.

2 Likes

2 Likes