This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2021 edition)

Speaing of naming rights, which we were, somewhere (I forget the thread)

The graduate college, founded in 1962, is named after the Renaissance humanist, medical scientist and classicist Thomas Linacre.

Here it is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because spending USD$70,000 at Walmart in one purchase is normal…

:laughing:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I scratched my head wondering if they’ve started selling cars or something, but…

“So, 2 or 3 in the morning, I got to go get four or five TVs. I’ve got to go get printers, I’ve got to go get laptops. I’ve got to go get appliances, sheets, towels, underwear, T-shirts. So, at the end, it was $70,000.

…after reading it, everything makes sense. Humans gonna human! :rainbow:

1 Like

Yea, but shopping at 2 or 3 in the morning and buying multiple high-priced items out of the blue looks like stolen credit card activity.
So it shouldn’t be a surprise that the transaction was flagged and denied.

1 Like

Exactly, same as

6 Likes

5 Likes

:battery: :electric_plug:

1 Like

Is that a special kind of problem because it’s a Tesla? Wouldn’t an empty tank gas car have similar issue?

1 Like

Easy enough to get a can of petrol, not so easy to get a can of electricity!

That is a good point!

4 Likes

Yeah, but don’t be alarmed

The position of the deceased fisherman’s body indicated that he drowned, rather than died as a result of the carnivorous fish.

2 Likes

Good point. The piranhas were accomplices at best.

1 Like

Vancouver gang Brother’s Keepers involved in dealing meth, fetanyl and smack, all showing their hard stares- except the one guy in the back right showing his pearly whites. Clearly did not get the message

2 Likes

Interesting fact: in Brazil, piranha is also an adjective used to describe an specific kind of woman. Similar meaning to a kind of gardening tool in English.

1 Like

A trowel? :thinking:

4 Likes

It’s a Sikh gang?

Time to call a spade a spade

1 Like