This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2023 edition)

How fun it would be to have this kid as your daughter?

2 Likes

It’s either life gonna give her a proper lesson. (U know life reality gonna hit harder when you are considered as ugly both outside and inside by others)
Or she will become a one helluva woke feminist.
(Could also be both though)

But then, at the other end of stick, me growing up with strict parents with “respect the elders” planted, ends up getting pushed around by old farts. Like asking to rake their yard for nothing, asking to throw trash for them, etc. etc.
Back then, I was worried if I say no, the old farts will say stuff to my parents and I will end up get my ass kicked. (Like literally with a belt or broom)

1 Like
1 Like

“Wood working” teacher “carving out” a relationship with a student. Ha.

1 Like

That story reminds me of my and my bud’s dream in high school regarding our math teacher. Please forgive us…,some of our other teachers were nuns.

1 Like

Here’s my nomination for this week:

Guy

3 Likes

Uhhh, no

1 Like

Macron and older wife got together young :laughing:

I’m guessing that the religious right are losing their minds over this.

Elementary school Satan club in Virginia?

Where does the Hitler club meet?

Boy oh boy!

ACLU hails first ‘After-School Satan Club’ meeting at Virginia elementary school ‘a victory for free speech and religious liberty’

This kind of thing happens quite a lot. Probably none of the members actually believe in Satan. If you somehow worshipped Hitler as a god, it would be pretty interesting how they would handle it. I think that could actually be a lot more subversive than Satan worship, though maybe I’m missing something. Maybe it’s just that Satan worship is more or less accepted :slight_smile: I can’t imagine the shitstorm that would rain down on Hitler worshippers!

1 Like

The Virginia Pilot reported last fall that the idea of the club was requested by parents as a response to the Good News Club, another student club run by the Child Evangelism Fellowship. According to the Pilot, parents wanted the club, which is sponsored by The Satanic Temple, for their nontheistic children.

The group said students in the club will do arts and crafts, puzzles, an science projects.

“We aren’t sacrificing goats or praising the Dark Lord,” Everett told the Pilot.

I’m simultaneously relieved and disappointed. Aren’t they already doing science projects on regular school time? This is probably setting them up for karoshi!

1 Like

Photograph and video the rape and murder of someone and I’ll send you 9 million dollars.

Ok…let’s see…I guess my best friend will do.

Alaska woman pleads guilty to killing ‘best friend’ after man catfished her and offered to pay $9 million

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

Canadian Bacon,

These pigs escaped captivity and swiftly spread across Canada, with the super pig proving to be an incredibly proficient breeder, Brook said, while its giant size – one pig has been clocked at more than 300kg (661lbs) – makes it able to survive the frigid western Canada winters, where the wind chill can be -50C.
“All the experts said at that time: ‘Well, no worries. If a wild pig or a wild boar ever escaped from a farm, there’s no way it would survive a western Canadian winter. It would just freeze to death.’
“Well, it turns out that being big is a huge advantage to surviving in the cold.”
The pigs survive extreme weather by tunneling up to 2 meters under snow, Brook said, creating a snow cave.
“They’ll use their razor-sharp tusks to cut down cattails [a native plant], and line the bottom of the cave with cattails as a nice warm insulating layer
“And in fact, they’re so warm inside that one of the ways we use to find these pigs is to fly first thing in the morning when it’s really cold, colder than -30, and you will actually see steam just pouring out the top of the snow.”

2 Likes

Seems a bit intense for a first date…

4 Likes

That stunningly badly maintained track is part of the former Wabesh Railroad, in the US, the richest country on earth—in case anyone is keeping score.

Guy

We build our infrastructure to last in the US!

The video is from 2017. Maybe things got better since then?

Guy

I haven’t heard about any catastrophic failures, so it may well be the same?