This Week's WTF Story Award Goes to.

“It’s very expensive. They’re made in China and Germany mostly – very few made here, almost none. But they’re manufactured tremendous – if you’re into this – tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe,” the President said at the Turning Point USA conference. “You talk about the carbon footprint – fumes are spewing into the air. Right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything – right?”

Trump has complained about windmills throughout his presidency, slamming the technology everywhere from the G7 conference in France this year to a Republican fundraising dinner speech that he used to claim windmill noise causes cancer. Scientific studies have not identified any human health risk.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/23/politics/donald-trump-windmills-turning-point/index.html

Uh-oh, we’re getting the same problem we had with the “Idiots” thread: politics! :doh:

It’s a slippery slope, man.

3 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

Maybe the taco place was trying to out-coffee the coffee places by writing customers’ names on the tacos they order. :idunno:

Even so, unless the taco place has an authenticated single identification of each taco, it’s hardly a valid ID :hash: :taco: :hash:

Personally, I’d be happy to accept a taco in lieu of valid ID.

I don’t think you’d like these:

1 Like
1 Like

“The thought that they of all people were doing anything countercultural was the opposite of who my parents really were, to me,” Rachel says.

And there’s a Star Trek connection, for good measure. :flying_saucer:

2 Likes

329 posts were split to a new topic: This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2020 edition)

The fun continues here:

2 Likes