This Will Blow Your Mind

Check out this amazing guy:

wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/ … ighres.wmv

I think Oliver Sacks wrote this guy up in one of his books–An Anthropologist on Mars, if I remember right. He’s been able to do this since he was a very young boy. Amazing what the mind is capable of.

Me too…i’m so doped up I feel daft in the head. Sure I’m going to come back to this forum and laugh at what I wrote today. Home sick…been here for 3 days…thanks for the entertainment…I’m so bored I may take up knitting!

:bravo: Incredible… I saw him drawing London before, eerily perfect as well… How long before we figure out how to duplicate this brain “malfunction” at will and unlock this unbelievable potential of the human brain?.. Staggering ramifications for humanity if we ever do…

wont open. is this the black guy who can draw a whole city from memory?

Yep.

Yeah, that’s all very clever, but I can juggle.

Yep.[/quote]

I just watched something about savants on the TV. Wasn’t this guy clonked on the head and his savantism began afterward?

Wow. That guy’s AMAZING!

to see that Autism doesn’t have to mean that you cant support yourself. I wish some parents here can realise that and not hide the fact!

Yep.[/quote]

I just watched something about savants on the TV. Wasn’t this guy clonked on the head and his savantism began afterward?[/quote]

Not sure, but if you want to give it a try, jd, I’m more than willing to assist! :slight_smile:

he should marry another savant. can you imagine the kids? they’d might have telekenisis or clairvoyance etc. maybe like X-men

Naaarre! That’s easy. I could do that with my eyes closed.

He doesn’t like communicating, so it wouldn’t be possible for him to get married…Oh, then again :doh:

[quote=“Battery9”]to see that Autism doesn’t have to mean that you cant support yourself. I wish some parents here can realise that and not hide the fact![/quote]It’s not just here that it’s a problem…

Impressive dude.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing that TM.

Heck, I’m amazed just seeing my normal, average daughter blowing me away with her Chinese acquisition, as I struggle painfully one word at a time. But that guy. . .

Here’s an excerpt from another video by the BBC about an amazing kid called Daniel Tammet, a math savant who ‘sees’ the world in numbers… He says childhood seizures ‘scrambled’ his brain giving him amazing abilities, but unlike most savants his abilities don’t come at the price of severe mental issues, so he’s able to succinctly describe to scientists the world of numbers inside his amazing mind… He can mentally calculate huge divisions to almost 100 decimal places in seconds, ‘sees’ every number from 1 to 10,000 as a distinct visual entity and just for the BBC program learned to speak fluent Icelandic, one of the hardest languages in the world, in 7 days… :astonished: :notworthy:

http://www.snotr.com/video/1989

Is it too late for me to make a joke about Stray Dog’s “juggling”?

No but this might be off topic and we might get split into a different thread - go for it :smiley: