Those who studied in Taiwan, gimme a hand here

Hello, I’m preparing for my application at Taipei Tech, and I was thinking about the criteria and selective process. What the universities in Taiwan look the most in a profile? I have a GPA of 93 out of 100, do I have high chances to be accepted without having too much work experience? I just did an internship, did scientific research and I graduate like now, hope I can get admitted. Thank y’all

1 Like

I just wrote wrong and dunno how to edit the topic title, so change the how for who XD

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

Yeah don’t worry, admission to Taiwan universities, except NTU and to a lesser extent NTHU and NCTU, are not competitive at all.

2 Likes

From my own and many others’ experience, it basically depends on the number of applications. Also, some universities have been adjusting their criteria over the years due to their experience dealing with foreign students. Its actually easier to get accepted to NTU now, it was hard AF back in the day :grandpa:

Taipei Tech shouldn’t be hard to get into, but I do recommend you apply to 2-3 Universities. Also check the ranking according to your major, some schools are better than others in different careers.

1 Like

I get the feeling that admissions for foreign students are less competitive than local. For local students they must take the extremely hard exam (similar to gaokao in China). It’s one reason why I couldn’t really try to get into university here.

1 Like

There is always 開南大學…

1 Like

though off-topic, there is always 空中大學…

1 Like

I’m going through the application process now for a masters program and it doesn’t seem so hard, at least for foreign students. Most of these univs don’t even ask for any standardized test scores. Some don’t ask for recommendations or personal statements. It seems as long as you have a background in the subject you want to study you have a really good chance of acceptance. It seems univs in Taiwan are used to improve foreign relations with other countries.

2 Likes

Standardized tests for grad school are only used in US (and sometimes Canada).

Lol really? Which ones?

1 Like

I studied masters in Taipei tech. I would say its one of the easiest university to get into. If u show good GPA and show good level of english, then its good enough

1 Like

good to know, what area you did your masters? I’m planning on financial, guess it’s a little bit competitive…

I studied engineering. Most foreigners in thhat school study engineering. But I am sure its easy for any program

1 Like

Does anyone know how the credit systems work? I looked into a course that has 36 credit hours. Can someone explain it? It’s different from Canada

Courses are 1, 2 or 3 credits. More credits usually = more work and more class hours. There is also usually a thesis which will be around 6 to 12 credits depending on the level of study.

1 Like

1 hour to a class= 1 credit and thesis is 6 credits (3 for each semester and you have to take thesis as a course for two semester). so remaining 30 credits are fulfilled by other classes. one class usually have 3 hours each week. It could be 3 hours one after the other or separated.

1 Like

So that would count as 3 credit hours for one semester, right?

Yes. Exactly

1 Like