Three Gorges Dam is a disaster in the making, China admits

Some of the videos online are horrendous. Some of the worst flooding pictures I have ever seen.

Haven’t noticed much Taiwan news or international news about it.

Shortly after this sedate pic became much worse behind the buildings.

some say the dam is already eroded from so much water going through it under such high pressure and for now a monthlong of it

Our management in China believe this is having a big economic impact on the same level as the virus .

1/4 to 1/3 crop loss. Yes, it’ll have a big impact. And the flooding hasn’t subsided.

2 Likes

Like 3 years ago when the CCP deliberately flooded the Hubei area to save Shanghei, they are now deliberately flooding Hebei to save Beijing.

2 Likes

Yeah, climate change is coming for all of us.

1 Like

Yup, while the western US bakes in heat, we got more rain in July than in the previous 198 years.

Yikes, though. Beijing is testing its resources now for sure.

1 Like

Wow last summer was one of the driest on record in the region I believe.

China as usual is blocking all reports of the flood or at least to the real reason why places like Zhuozhou suffered catastrophic floods.

Social media and foreign sources indicate that the CCP intentionally breached local dykes without warning and evacuating Zhuozhou residents. Initially rescue teams were denied entry into the disaster zone. Right now there are at least 134K refugees from the place. Similar event seems to have happened to Inner Mongolia, but since they have a tougher censorship implemented there, very few videos or reports have surfaced.

3 Likes

Old habits die hard in China :rofl:

1 Like

My region? Yeah, grass died off in august.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/whyyoutouzhele/status/1689216607250259968

People who lost everything to the Hebei flood tried to get help from local officials, and in exchange got a place to stay in the hospital, or jail, I hope. I mean those are the best case scenarios.

1 Like