Three suggestions for ORIENTED

I’m a recent member. I haven’t made it to Taiwan, yet… but, I’m in the process. I think the following would be helpful.

1. Provide a map of Taiwan, along with maps of the major cities.

2. Add a glossary section, for those of us who aren’t up on all the “lingo” – e.g., ARC, bushiban, etc…

3. Since you recently expanded your jobs section, change the name of the “Teaching in Taiwan” forum to “Working in Taiwan.”

Thanks for listening.

LJ

Thank you for the suggestions. Some thoughts:

quote[quote]Provide a map of Taiwan, along with maps of the major cities.[/quote]

http://www.taiwan-map.com has a pretty good system of maps. I’ve considered linking addresses using their quick map search as a way of supplementing addresses. However, the structure of the database we use for our current yellow pages would have required a greater amount of programming than I could commit.

I will look into adding their search form on the site, at least

quote[quote]Add a glossary section, for those of us who aren't up on all the "lingo" -- e.g., ARC, bushiban, etc... [/quote]

I’ll start a thread about this. Hopefully, we can add it to the FAQ.

quote[quote]Since you recently expanded your jobs section, change the name of the "Teaching in Taiwan" forum to "Working in Taiwan."[/quote]

The Teaching in Taiwan forum is specifically for discussing teaching and training related matters. There are several other forums where you can discuss work issues: Living in Taiwan, Miscellaneous, and the Open Forum.

Gus,

Thanks for the reply.

As for the maps, a link to the site you mentioned would be good. I don’t think you need to link every address. The most I’d like to see would be a button/link somewhere (obvious) on the site. Maybe in the “my profile/register now/search/rules/calendar/faq/active topics” line. Also, maybe a link in the yellow pages.

quote:
Add a glossary section, for those of us who aren't up on all the "lingo" -- e.g., ARC, bushiban, etc...

I’ll start a thread about this. Hopefully, we can add it to the FAQ.

I’m not sure I would look in the FAQ for it. Again, maybe an obvious link in the “my profile/…/active topics” line.

Again, thanks for listening and responding.

LJ

See ORIENTED Jargon
at
http://oriented.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=000214

www.Taiwan-Map.com

No. Alley. Lane. Rd. or St. Name Sec City or County