Tiananmen Square Anniversary

Mind sharing some examples of the products you bought?

Please share more of what you saw and heard on the ground. Their stories deserve to be remembered.

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah. It’s one thing to read about things in a book or article… And another to have a fellow Forumosan recall and tell the story. Think of Forumosa as the few grandkids that are honestly interested in grandpa’s war stories (including Flak and everything).

2 Likes

Good guys doing good guy things, China not a fan:

Wang’s remarks came after Blinken tweeted that “June 4 is the 32nd anniversary of the PRC [People’s Republic of China]'s deadly crackdown in Tiananmen Square, killing thousands of protesters simply calling for their rights and freedoms to be respected”.

According to Blinken, "human rights are universal, and all governments must protect and promote them”.

1 Like

Grandpa!? Grandpa!? You are lucky my bones are so brittle or I would take you over my knee and give you a good spanking.

2 Likes

Nice throwback from some ex-Hong Kong actor.

3 Likes

Guess brainwashing and or serious blackmail/threats do work…age long human traditions. Lets support our tradional heritage of oppression.

2 Likes

May I ask…how to share a text document on Forumosa?
I can never find the user manual for this site.

Good question… The “manual” for the forum software “discourse” could be this here:

But uploading a text document directly into your posts is probably something that the admins would need to specifically allow - by default, only pictures (jpg, jpeg, png, gif) can be uploaded. This is for both security reasons, and to avoid huge files taking too much space on the server.

But: you can easily upload your file, like PDF, to some file sharing service, and then put a link here into your post.

I have no experience which file sharing services are good, but this here seems to be one easy example without need for registration:

https://www.docdroid.net/

Well, I have wrote down what happened to me during my time in Beijing. Sorry…but is long and not really that interesting. I did promise friends and family to do this but never did…I guess will still send to them.
Honestly, I was there only a short time. I was situated on the parameter of a big event…doing my best to peer inside and not doing a very good job. Pretty much like my whole experience with China.
So I warned you. Boring as dirt…and not just because I am such a poor writer. But I want to thank you guys. This event was such a life changer for me. For old people like me some memories dim over time…sometimes even not so pleasant memories are good to keep alive.

https://docdro.id/by00l9C

5 Likes

Awesome thanks! My phone is telling me to.piss off with that download. Will download soon to computer and read it there. Looking forward to it!

A small outsiders perspective on the ground is likely very different than the media propaganda we read today! None of us will be taking this to the UN and expecting them to change their loyalties to taiwan over the oppressive CCP. However, if a million or 2 of these stories came out…public opinion would certainly force change!

Thanks for taking the time!

1 Like

This is awesome and very interesting, thank you very much! Like explant wrote, your feelings and observations offer a rare glimpse into that wold history event from a different perspective. This seems totally different to the history books (or propaganda) from which probably most people learn about this event.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words. And thanks for your help with Docdroid.

1 Like

Canada policy helped develop apartheid and that legislation is still on the books.

In 1948, the National Party was elected to power. It strengthened the racial segregation begun under Dutch and British colonial rule. Taking Canada’s Indian Act as a framework,[64] the nationalist government classified all peoples into three races and developed rights and limitations for each. The white minority (less than 20%)[65] controlled the vastly larger black majority.

From your own words, that is not canadian policy helping, thats someone plagiarizing their [shitty] policy. 2 very different thing

Oopsie

China censored a top livestreamer on the eve of June 4. Now his fans are asking about the Tiananmen Square massacre

4 Likes

The livestreamer was showing a tank themed cake on June 3, and his stream was immediately cut off, leaving young oblivious and ignorant audiences wondering what happened, and prompted them to look into June 4 instead.

2 Likes

I kinda dropped the ball for this year’s Tiananmen square anniversary. So I’m here to make up for it.

or just this

1 Like

A couple of photos I took the day before…

4 Likes

Imagine, China was that close away from becoming a normal democracy with the world’s largest market.

2 Likes