Tibetans at 228 Memorial,

[quote]FREEDOM: Tibetans living in Taiwan gathered at 228 Memorial Peace Park before marching through Taipei in protest against years of Chinese repression
By Jewel Huang
STAFF REPORTER , WITH CNA
Saturday, Mar 11, 2006,Page 3

Hundreds of Tibetans yesterday held a march in Taipei to commemorate an uprising by Tibetans against China 47 years ago.
The Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) voiced support for the demonstration, urging China to give up imperialism and the persecution of Tibet and Taiwan through military force.

Tibetans living in Taiwan gathered at 228 Memorial Peace Park in the morning and set out on a march after singing Tibet’s national anthem and reading a declaration from the Dalai Lama.

Shouting out “we want freedom and human rights” and “release political prisoners,” the marchers and their supporters also chanted “support Tibet’s and Taiwan’s independence” when passing before the Legislative Yuan.

Holding signs and banners bearing such slogans as “anti-annexation, anti-invasion, supporting Tibet’s independence,” many DPP members joined the march.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003296808[/quote]

You want to learn about Tibet, go there:

rangzen.org//whyind/whyind.htm

rangzen.org//links/links.htm

I’m sure the ROC is planning to make Tibet Independent, just like it is planning to make an aboriginal nation on Taiwan.

This is just too sad to even comment on. The idealogical “double think” is just too much to comprehend.

Are you really such a horrible person in real life ac_dropout?

I just think it’s a shame that these so-called Tibet supporters are explicitly resisting the will of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. His Holiness the Dalai Lama has said consistently for the past few years that he does not want independence for Tibet.

Worst

How is ROC, which also lays claim to Tibet, suppose to make it independent?

The Taiwanese will treat the Tibetans like they treat the aboriginal in Taiwan if they got control of the Mainland again. The Autonomous region status for Tibet is infinitely better than how the aboriginal regions under ROC are being treated at this time.

Not like Hu Jingtao ever made a comment to move all the Tibetans to South America or such nonsense.

this will NEVER happen… :exclamation:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I’m sure the ROC is planning to make Tibet Independent, just like it is planning to make an aboriginal nation on Taiwan.

This is just too sad to even comment on. The idealogical “double think” is just too much to comprehend.[/quote]

Shocking, you have so many idealogical double think, but you can’t handle this?

Anyway, I don’t anyone really believes that Taiwan will have the ability to free Tibet. But here’s an example, as a team the people of Taiwan and the people of Tibet could really influence the media and bring attention to the problems faced by both.

But what does 228 got to do with the Tibet?

The KMT weren’t even invited to the meeting where Tibet with English assistance decide to declare independence from ROC.

Next thing you know the Tibetan are using CIA funds to fight an armed rebellion with the CCP.

No matter how you interpret history, the Tibetan need to respect the institution of ROC. They like the aboriginals in Taiwan, can get representation in NC and in the LY to pass laws in order to for indigenous nations within ROC.

If the Tibetan government in exile acknowledges the ROC first and negotiate their independence from ROC, perhaps ROC could assist them. But to co-op their struggle with the PRC and ROC struggle with PRC is not sound, since the Tibetan cause has even less leverage.

How many billions can the Tibetan government in exile invest on the mainland? Exactly.

The Dalai Lama, interestingly enough, doesn’t seem too tolerant of different lifestyles. I’ve always been amazed at the good PR the Dalai Lama gets by news organizations whenever he vists the West…how buddhists are aware of some of his attitudes?

telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh … wstop.html

Although he is known for his tolerant, humane views, he is a surprisingly harsh critic of homosexuality. If you are a Buddhist, he says, it is wrong. "Full stop.

No way round it.

"A gay couple came to see me, seeking my support and blessing. I had to explain our teachings. Another lady introduced another woman as her wife - astonishing. It is the same with a husband and wife using certain sexual practices. Using the other two holes is wrong."

At this point, he looks across at his interpreter - who seems mainly redundant - to check that he has been using the right English words to discuss this delicate matter. The interpreter gives a barely perceptible nod.

“A Western friend asked me what harm could there be between consenting adults having oral sex, if they enjoyed it,” the Dalai Lama continues, warming to his theme. "But the purpose of sex is reproduction, according to Buddhism. The other holes don’t create life.

The guys a political conservative that lead an armed rebellion.

Would one think the Pope would publicly approve of sexual liberal activities?