Tickets > CIRQUE DU SOLEIL > 2009

Cirque’s got height restrictions?

The chief mentioned something recently (the smoking thread?) about his kid being at the level of motorcycle exhaust. :astonished:

Ya KNOW she’s not gettin’ in… :whistle:

I went last night. WOW.
I appreciate that they had great safety equipment, as I have witnessed two bad acrobatics accidents that still haunt me. Still, my hands sweated through most of the show.
(gross, I know. sorry)
Someone did fall, but did a proper landing (full body) on the net. The crowd screamed.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Good equipment.
I have never sat under a trapeze (close enough that I scrunched down in my seat to see almost right above me), nor seen someone bend their spine 180˚, and I used to be in a circus, albeit a rather small one. I have never seen triple flips on the Russian bars either.
The costumes were so fantastic they dazzled and almost distracted. I wanted to reach out and touch them to see how they were made. Feel the fabrics. It brought back memories of working with contact cement, foam, rich fabrics, hand made lace, papier-mâché, feathers…
Yeah, I loved the costumes.
Excellent characters, too. I might even go again.

(Indiana, they are going to Dubai - get yer tickets now!)

[quote=“kage”]I went last night. WOW.
I appreciate that they had great safety equipment, as I have witnessed two bad acrobatics accidents that still haunt me. Still, my hands sweated through most of the show.
(gross, I know. sorry)
Someone did fall, but did a proper landing (full body) on the net. The crowd screamed.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Good equipment.
I have never sat under a trapeze (close enough that I scrunched down in my seat to see almost right above me), nor seen someone bend their spine 180˚, and I used to be in a circus, albeit a rather small one. I have never seen triple flips on the Russian bars either.
The costumes were so fantastic they dazzled and almost distracted. I wanted to reach out and touch them to see how they were made. Feel the fabrics. It brought back memories of working with contact cement, foam, rich fabrics, hand made lace, papier-mâché, feathers…
Yeah, I loved the costumes.
Excellent characters, too. I might even go again.

(Indiana, they are going to Dubai - get yer tickets now!)[/quote]

who fell? During which act? I think iv seen the dvd enough to know all the acts. haha

The two trapeze artists had a cable attached to them in one of the numbers. And in the dvd they showed the cables by purposely coming off the swings onto the floor on them. And in the last act where they do the very high trapeze with 5 or 6 men? They purposely each fall to the net to end that program. Seeing the dvd you could see how worried the people are during the act, but when they purposely fall to the net and show that its safe what they are doing , people are actually laughing from release of pent up worry.

cirque wants to show their skills but clearly want to present a message of SAFETY. That yes, they are doing dangerous stunts but SAFELY. No one will die. The other acts, if they fall they shouldnt be seriously hurt. I dont know about the russian bar where the guy holds that kid and does a flip. that is equivalent to falling off your scooter and falling thru the air one turn so could be dangerous. I guess they learned how to fall if that fails as no doubt someone must have fallen during practice?

I like POWER TRACK and Flying Man a lot. Fav has to be Power track.

Where the floor opens to an X trampoline and they do all these flips and stuff.

Whats ur fav acts in the show, if any?

Oh and the music was fabulous on the dvd, must have been great LIVE .

I like all the acts really, they were all great. Dont know about the sad clowns though? But thats apparently some sort of german clown tradition?

Sad clowns?? not the usual american thing