Tim Tams (the ones that come in trays of 10)

Hello,

They used to sell Tim Tams here, but I can’t seem to find them anywhere. They used to come in trays of 10.

I know they sell the larger boxes of 20, but they are totally different form the ones they used to sell, and not half as nice.

Does anyone know a place that still sells the classic “ten in a tray packs”?

[quote=“JungleJim”]Hello,

They used to sell Tim Tams here, but I can’t seem to find them anywhere. They used to come in trays of 10.

I know they sell the larger boxes of 20, but they are totally different form the ones they used to sell, and not half as nice.

Does anyone know a place that still sells the classic “ten in a tray packs”?[/quote]

Have you tried Jasons at the bottom of 101?

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“JungleJim”]Hello,

Does anyone know a place that still sells the classic “ten in a tray packs”?[/quote]

Have you tried Jasons at the bottom of 101?[/quote]

Jasons hasn’t had them for ages, Welcome (Ding Hao) has them at the moment but they are the yukky ones made in Indonesia :thumbsdown:
I’m going to Oz for CNY bringing back a suitcase full!

Costco have them, bought a stack last week.

What is a Tim Tam?

An Australian chocolate biscuit often favoured by ravenishly hungry young males with bleary red eyes and emitting giggles to nothing in particular.

. . . and women recently seperated from said young males.

HG

The single best thing to ever come from Australia…

A super sweet chocolate cookie…The best thing to do with them is bite off both ends, stick one end in a cup of coffee and suck the coffee up through the middle like a big, gooey chocolate straw… :hungry:

I find these in surprising places. A local “no-name” grocery store near my home in Banciao usually has a nice supply. I’ll check the address next time I get that way. I noticed that Costco has the large box of small packages but I haven’t tried them. I note that your Wellcome doesn’t carry them any longer but I know I’ve recently seen them in the Wellcome in Banciao. It the one on your left as you drive from Costco to Banciao. It’s across the street from McD’s. They had them last week. I REALLY HAVE to start learning the street names.

ummm, looks and sounds tasty. I’ll be on the look out for 'em.

Finga’s Base Camp in Taichung stocks them.

Watsons often has them, in a huge bucket. Watsons also carries the Cadbury chocolate bars I crave (though only in plain chocolate, fruit and nut, and occasionally hazelnut), as well as Cadbury’s instant hot chocolate (to which many of the staff at my school are now addicted, thanks to me.)

be advised - watsons taiwan is the ‘dumping ground’ for almost out of date watsons hk products such as tim tams and cadburys.

Be aware two types sold here

1. REAL (light brown-ish) ones made in Oz
    and
  2. CRAP ones (dark-dark) made in Indonesia sold at COSTCO etc.

not totally correct. Most of Cadburys and Arnotts choc/confectionary is supplied from factories in Indo, Malaysia etc.

From the Arnotts website:

There are eight delicious varieties of Tim Tams: Original, Chewy Caramel, Mocha, Double Coat and Classic Dark Chocolate, Special Edition Tim Tam Hazelnut, Limited Edition White Chocolate and new Special Edition Chewy Choc Fudge.

Source: arnotts.com/Biscuits/OurBisc … sp?BID=79#

Where are the ‘original’ ones you have made?

Also didn’t know what they were. Saw them once in a local 7-11 store. Not bad … when you can’t find a Reese’s peanut butter cup or Baby Ruth! :smiling_imp:

just checked my costco bought dark tim tams and emblazoned on the package - “made in australia”

Had no idea so many users of this website were also educated as to the way of the Tim Tam.
Llama, interesting to hear that you are going to Oz to get some Tim Tams. You must like them more than I do!

So anyway, thanks to everyone for the helpful feedback, it was much appreciated.

The Tim Tam can bring so much happiness to married life!

Just to avoid the risk of a wild goose chase, can we just confirm that someone has found the Tim Tams that come in trays of 10/11, and not those individually wrapped dark ones that come in larger boxes. I don’t like those ones, they don’t work as well with coffee i you know what I mean.

Any confirmation of this rumour would be greatly appreciated.

Costco has/had the dark and original ones in the standard ‘just like home’ trays of 10/11 BUT in boxes containing maybe 5 packs.

Note: this is the Chong He Costco

In this case, ‘out of date’ isn’t much of an issue. Chocolate is great stuff, lasts for ages.