Time Problem Processing to Resident Visa (desperate for help)

Hello . I am undergraduate Freshmen student in Taipei. My first year is ending here with my 180 day visitor visa . I have prepared the documents for Resident visa application but I just saw that i should’ve apply within 7 work days and i only have 4 work days. I don’t have the budget to afford the trip to Hong Kong . Finals are coming and i am desperate to any information about my Resident Visa application will eventually rejected due to late application or not .Thank you for your time

Imo, the best thing you can do at this moment is to visit NIA tomorrow morning, explain your situation, and ask them what you should do.

4 Likes

And make sure you bring all your necessary documents.

Talk to them calmly.

2 Likes

Indeed, NIA is willing to help is you are truthful and polite.

3 Likes

I have to say, even though it’s a government agency, I’ve found this to be quite true.

Thank you guys for help. Unfortunately i failed i am going to HK for application on thursday. I will miss my final exams . Life can be tricky sometimes . All i work for whole semester will be for nothing. If you have something to do in life dont postponed it do it immediately.

Perhaps try employing the advice you have received to tell your teacher the issue you are facing? Perhaps they will assist you. Don’t lose hope!

Also, If you fly super early into HK, they do have express/emergency visa services and may be able to get you back into Taiwan same day or next day.

2 Likes

Where are you from? If the visa exempt program is applied to your country, cannot you do a visa run to HK, return here with visa exempt, get the exam, then do the visa things lager?

1 Like

have you asked your prof / TA to get a postponed exam?
just explain your situation and see how they will find a work around for you.

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: What not to do with your passport

A post advising OP to commit fraud was removed, along with the subsequent discussion.

Thank you all for your cooperation. :rainbow:

2 Likes