Time to party like it's 2023

What’s your plan for new years? I don’t really have one, except meet with someone in Ximen but I don’t want to be anywhere near touristy areas leading up to the countdown.

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life. — William Londen

2 Likes

The God-Emperor is right as usual. Go easy on the drinking, everyone! :clinking_glasses:

Well a rocker boy hasn’t detonated a nuke in some corporate building yet… and we got like 20 hours.

My buddy and I haven’t even decided yet :man_shrugging:

I’m feeling very fatigued today for some reason.

I told my daughter that 2024 was cancelled and it’s now going to be 2023 forever. I’m going to Hell.

1 Like

The last time I felt fatigued… a week ago… it turned out to be COVID.

Just saying.

No, it’s like I’m just sick of life, don’t feel like waking up for some reason.

And working out is becoming a chore. Like it doesn’t make me feel happy, nor does it make me any less tired next time I go.

Your words aren’t really helping me get into the party spirit, TL.

Now it’s leaning towards just an aimless motorcycle ride lol… We’ll probably figure out the destination as we go along, but so far it’s within the Taipei/New Taipei area, and we both have heavy bike (yellow and red plate) access.

MRT is more jam packed than a can of sardines, and I don’t want to be anywhere near it at the moment. Maybe I’ll just sleep for a couple of hours, then go to Taipei at like 3am or something (MRT is 24 hours on NYE) and see whats up.

But I’m tired, meeting with some “friend” didn’t go so well. I think I pissed him off. And I have to drag that heavy ass guitar through a crowded system.

I think I’m going to go play some nirvana at the danshui river, go smash that guitar up real good and throw it in the river.

I doubt you want to be driving at this time either. Street is just as crowded as the MRT.

I quite like that about Taipei. It’d be cool if they did it more often, like in Berlin.

Maybe it’d be better/more useful just to sell it?

1 Like

You buying? Because sure as hell nobody wants to buy it. And it’s not for the lack of trying. And I could really use the money to buy stuff like food and stuff.

Berlin U Bahn shuts down after 12am as well, but they offer replacement buses until morning. Taipei should do this, but with the shortage of bus drivers, especially ones willing to drive that late, it might be hard. Maybe that’s why the youbike system is there. Those rail system needs maintenance which is why they shut down at night. It’s to do those maintenance so stuff don’t happen at rush hour. And I like that Taipei MRT takes safety very seriously.

They can make an exception for NYE or CNY, but they can’t do this daily.

Celebrating with friends on Xiaoliuqiu

Nah, I don’t. I have zero musical ability. I’m sure someone will if the price is right. More useful than smashing it.

Seriously man, just Google this stuff before trying and failing to correct people. All it takes is the bare minimum of effort to not post false stuff. Didn’t you previously live in Germany? Why do you think I mentioned Berlin? It’s because they run through the night at weekends.

On weekdays, most subway lines run from 4 AM till 1 AM. In between these service hours, night buses can be used for public transport. Subway trains run in 5-minute intervals during the day and 10-minute intervals at night. Over the weekend, the subway runs 24 hours, usually in 10-minute intervals during the day and 15-minute intervals at night.

(Source)

1 Like

I did, and tried to get home after 12 and it was shut down. I didn’t know they remain open over the weekends though.

And seriously I’m not in the mood for this right now. I’m really not feeling well physically and mentally, and really getting sick of life at this point.

My guitars might as well be trash to everyone else.

Happy New Year, TL. Really. Crack open a beer and watch some nonsense on YouTube or something. Things might look better tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m out by shilin night market and the place is fucking empty. What happened?