I think I had food poisoning, but I’m not sure.
I ate raw octopus at about 9pm on Sunday. Which is the obvious culprit.
The next day I didn’t really eat anything all day. I pretty much forgot to eat, I mustn’t have had an appetite. At around 9pm Monday I started to feel weird and realised I hadn’t eaten anything. Went to 711 and had chicken curry. Parts of it weren’t heated up properly.
I couldn’t finish the curry.
Went home, started feeling dodgy, especially in the stomach. Tried to sleep it off. No good. I got up and vomitted early in the morning. There was a little bit of blood at the end of the vomit (not that much). After that I felt great. Had a shower cleaned my teeth etc.
Then I suddenly felt unbelievably hungry. I didn’t have any food in my room (living in a dorm, eat out every meal). Asked my friend for some food. All he had was chocolate. I started feeling faint, it was becoming hard to talk, vision and hearing were going. I’ve never fainted before, and I didn’t want to make it a first, so I just sat down and concentrated. Ate the chocolate and I was feeling ok.
My Taiwanese friend who gave me the chocolate “re-assured” me by telling me that someone had poisoned some energy drinks lately. I told him I saw the news and hadn’t drunk any. He said, “Yeah, but they can poison anything”. After contemplating my impending death for a while, I decided it was just regular old food poisoning.
Went to bed again. My friend went to 711 to get me some drinks etc. Had that. Felt ok, went to bed. Got up at 10am, vomitted again. Ate crackers and fruit juice, went to sleep again.
Felt MUCH better after sleeping. Got up ate fruit, drank water etc.
Now I’m feeling ok, I have a bit of energy. Still feel like I want to sleep.
-blood in first vomit but not in second
-24 hours passed between eating octopus and starting to feel sick
-I’ve also been drinking the water out of the “clean” tap. I think they just tell me it’s safe to drink the water out of that tap. I don’t think it really is that safe.
What do you think? Was this just normal food poisoning?