Tinnitus acts up in Taiwan

I recently traveled to another country and I noticed my tinnitus went down and the aurual fullness in my left ear dissapated howver once returning i’ve noticed my tinnitus get worse and just a feeling of uneasiness come over me. Has any one experienced anything similar ?

No, sorry cannot corroborate this. No matter which country, culture, or continent, my tinnitus still remains.

This may be a time to evaluate your mental wellbeing.

Stress is many times attributed as a cause of tinnitus and we often see in the clinic that patients complain that their tinnitus gets worse after stressful situations. The evidence that stress is related to tinnitus is based on studies that show high psychiatric comorbidity related to the symptom. About 10– 60% of chronic tinnitus patients suffer from depressive disorders and 28–45% present with clinically relevant anxiety symptoms

Tinnitus: The Sound of Stress? - PMC.

1 Like

Let me tell you Taiwan ain’t gonna help due to the obnoxious noise pollution, 90% caused by gas scooters.

Try cutting back on caffeine , alcohol and going to bed earlier, might help, because tinnitus is often related to sleep (quality and hours slept) .
ALSO take anti histamines if you suffer from allergies.