Tired of living in this s***hole

Thank you for the heads-up! I’ll try to buy his food more often while he’s still here then :blush:

1 Like

It was an anecdote.

1 Like

You guys aren’t exactly motivating me to wake up at the crack of dawn next Tuesday to take a flight back to the shithole. :unamused:

Think of it this way, burning season is coming

1 Like

You’re right. But it hasn’t arrived yet. :upside_down_face:

Did you try the Pineapple Express?

This is our Asian adventure. Can’t let those foreigners ruin it!

I haven’t talked to a white person in ages unless zoom counts.

1 Like

Plus it’s almost winter pollution blowing in from China season. I think that one does my head in the most. Absolutely putrid.

I’m not familiar with the expression, but I think once or twice. I’m not a huge fan tbh - it makes me feel dumb and out of sync with the universe (not great for motorbike driving here) for at least 48 hours. I don’t get how people can remain functional while using it regularly. I’m currently still metabolizing a rather potent brownie I had two days ago… :upside_down_face:

Different people react differently, and regular users build up a tolerance as well as an ability guage their high

Is that French?

1 Like

Spelling mistake, not a word i use a lot. Where’s the damn autocorrwct when i need it!

I don’t know what the calendar of burning ghost money is, but I notice people burn ghost money whenever it gets cold. Are they doing this to cause global warming because it’s too cold?

Nah. They’re doing it just to piss you off.

2 Likes

Yeah scooter riding is problematic even the morning after. Last time I just stayed in my resort.

1 Like

@jimipresley, the resident Long-Chlamydia Grammar Nazi

Someone needs to keep the standards up here. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

What kind of business is it, does it need office space or can be done online? I doubt our offices will ever go back to fully in person, we a lot more remote work. Also does your GF need be so close to her family, most major West Coast cities are well connected, if no after work activities I do most my trips the same day via train or car.

I’m starting off online from home, while I look for premises to sell hot and cold food, takeaway only.
I losing any faith in Taipei, Covid seems to have changed food vendor’s habits.
I guess I’ll need to use Uber and FoodPanda.
Moving out of Taipei is not an option presently maybe a years time.
Online works well enough I’ll give up on a shop. 1 ping space and electric supply Gongguan 30,000nt a month!!!

Do you think the situation is better outside of Taipei?

Or have we seen an island-wide shift in consumer patterns?

Guy