TIS race classes

[quote=“Mordeth”]62 is very fast. My fastest lap is 67…I’m ashamed to admit.

I’m looking at a 250cc two-stroke for using as a track only bike. What class would that put me in?[/quote]

Mordeath, I just checked the classes, and there isn’t a class for the NSR 250’s, but there is a class for factory 250cc, like the RS250 and TZ250. So the NSR 250 probably wouldn’t be a good bike to buy, unless you just want to do practice days. Plus finding parts for that bike can be a pain in the ass, I have already researched the hell out of this. Just get another NSR, I know all about them, plus I have two mechanics on hand pretty much at all times.

There is a GP class for the RS125 or the TZ125, and those are fast as diarrhea.

Here are the classes, but they might be a bit confusing, :slight_smile:

MC2TN -Taiwanese two stroke 150cc+10cc (only NSR’s or RZR’s), , any taiwan made front suspension (biggest 33mm), stock cdi, no dry slicks, any ferrings, no high speed stator, carb is unlimited, fuel tank unlimited, no magnesium wheels. This is what Temple is running

MC2TA-Taiwanese 2 stroke (only NSR’s or RZR’s), engine displacement unlimited (150cc-180 usually), unlimited suspension, electrical unlimited, tires unlimited, stock frame, swing arm is unlimited, fuel tank unlimited

MC4TN-Taiwanese 4 stroke motorcycle 150cc+2cc (FZ/FZR/Wolf) any Taiwan made front suspension (biggest 33mm), stock cdi, no dry slicks, no magnesium wheels, stock ferrings, no high speed stator, carb is unlimited, stock fuel tank, stock frame, stock swing arm, stock rear seat.

MC4TB-Taiwanese 4 stroke 2 cylinders (only FZ or FZR), engine displacement unlimited, suspension unlimited, electrical unlimited, tires unlimited, stock frame, but swing arm unlimited, fuel tank unlimited.

MC4TA-Taiwanese 4 stroke single cylinder, engine displacement 210+2cc, suspension unlimited, electrical unlimited, tires unlimited, stock frame, swing arm unlimited, fuel tank unlimited.

SM1-super moto 4stroke under 250cc, or two stroke 125cc and under, everything unlimited.

SM2-super moto- 2stroke 250cc and under, or 4 stroke 251-400cc, 4 stroke 250cc factory (CRF 250), everything unlimited. Confusing!!!

SM3-over 401cc or 251cc and over, everything unlimited.

SBK-super bike, 2 stroke only 250cc factory (RS250 or TZ250), or 4 stroke 250cc or above (all big bikes).

GP-125cc factory (RS125 or TZ125), everything unlimited.

I hope this helps a bit, that was fun translating!!

yea i just looked it up too, seems like you’d be in the superbike class… good luck with that! you’re better of getting an NSR and joining us!
heres the link if you wanna look yourself gamfa.com.tw/download/2008TM … 080131.pdf
Now working on translating the info on building a team. More on that tommorow

actually i was thinking like Mordeth but i am kind of big for an NSR or FZR so any advantage or mod that i do to the bike would be gone with my weight…
that sucks… what would be nice is SM1 or SM2, but i dont really know how to run a SM in a track so i will have to stay in the SB class jeje…

actually, if you wanna race, but not spend alot of money, I think the mc4tN class is your best bet. You keep your engine stock, do some relatively cheap performance upgrades, and from what I hear that class is based more on skill than anything else since most of the bikes are about the same. I figure your costs would total out under 50k. So yea it’ll hurt you a bit being a big foreigner, but I wouldn’t say it’d kill your chances. It’d just take some getting used to being all cramped up and all, but I think it’s doable. I’m thinking about doing it myself and switching over to an rs125 maybe next year if things get serious.

But the MC4TN is still the single cylinder engines, like the Wolf, so those are even smaller than the NSR’s. It is still a tiny bike. You could always run in the MC4TB, FZR’s but almost everything is unlimited. Some of those guys have done it all which is expensive. But you could still run it. The FZR or FZ is small, but bigger than all the other 150cc motorcycles. You could always get a Quannon too.

Yeah Temple, I would love to buy a RS125, but they are expensive.

Ahh I see, good work on the translation, sometimes I lose a few details like that. I figure a race FZR would still maybe only be about half the price of a race NSR. Seems also to be a bit bigger if you feel cramped up on an NSR.

To rebuild an FZR engine at a shop will cost around 12,000nt. For the NSR only a fraction of that. 2-stroke vs 4-stroke and all that.

its true the engine is more expensive to work on with the FZR, but all the other components like brakes, suspension, rims, exhaust, seem to be up to par. I spent alot of money upgrading my bike to get parts from the FZ/FZR. Ex. FZ 3.5" rim, 8000$, FZR front suspension 5500$, rk1951 has done the FZ master cylinder. From what I hear, you can’t really get much power from buying an expensive exhuast or a bigger carb on the FZR. Obviously I’m not an expert on it, but I can just tell you from my own experience. It seems strange to me that they didn’t build the NSR with better quality parts. Maybe the Thailand model dosnt need so much work.

[quote=“rk1951”]

But the MC4TN is still the single cylinder engines, like the Wolf, so those are even smaller than the NSR’s. It is still a tiny bike. You could always run in the MC4TB, FZR’s but almost everything is unlimited. Some of those guys have done it all which is expensive. But you could still run it. The FZR or FZ is small, but bigger than all the other 150cc motorcycles. You could always get a Quannon too.

Yeah Temple, I would love to buy a RS125, but they are expensive.[/quote]

Actually I think I made a mistake, the MC4TN is for both single and V-twin (150cc+2cc). Sorry!!! So this would be a cheap way to race a FZ or FZR.

Hey Folks, I met you guys for the first time at the track last saturday, Im the other Kyle. I saw a race last year and I’ve talked to a lot of the Taiwanese guys who race, as far as I can tell the classes are split up as much on skill as by bike mods, a bit like a gentleman’s agreement. Roughly 2 and 4 stroke, newbie and experienced racers. It also tends to be that the experienced racers have more mods, so it tends to work out. I think if anyone stood out as too fast/slow for their class they would get shifted around.

If you guys are interested in setting up a team, or want more info on the classes we can chat on sunday and hash out the details.

Also If anyone has electronic copies of racing books send me a message, Im in desperate need of reading material.