Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddell

This was sad to watch

https://youtu.be/ZyaVYO9-TLw

Depressing. Shame on the commission for sanctioning it

I hope they got a nice pay day at least. I can’t believe my eyes, they looked like they were trying their best not to fall over and letting the ground knock them out on the fall. Chuck did not look good man, he should not have been fighting for his safety. He was lucky Ortiz was almost just as awful.

It’s hard to watch legends become human.

That was pretty funny. Reminds me of those yt vids of old guys “fighting” in Russia. Or kittens pawing at each other, pretty much the same vid.

Getting old is hell.

I know chuck has been through hell. He’s been fighting for a long time, had injuries and had some drug and alcohol issues. I mean he looks like he’s been through hell. Who knows what one more knock out is going to do to him. Feel bad for these guys. They really didn’t get paid very well back in the days.

Yeah, describing as “funny” is a little cruel, although Ortiz’s fist pump reaction to having beaten a 48-year-old is funny if only because it’s so human. Win is a win, I guess, even when you’ve just beat a middle-aged man. Liddell looks like he might be suffering some effects from CTE.

When I was in Thailand, it was very common for Muay Thai fighters to have 100+ fights. Most of them have been fighting since kids so. Some of them have so many fights they lost count. I was curious to see if they had CTE symptoms but they seem to all be relatively OK. But perhaps I’m not seeing the ones who have problems because they can’t function anymore.

1 Like

Well, the new UFC management fired Chuck from his paid lifetime MMA Ambassador gig. So, money. I can’t think of any other reason for him to fight. He ain’t right in the head.

It was reported to have been the largest payout of either’s career. It was sad to hear the announcers try to do their best to play up what people were seeing.

i watched the ufc card instead. always fun to watch ngannou boom somebodys face off. as it was in beijing the chinese fighters on the card put on a great show too.

Big move for them to try china again. The timing and organization wasn’t right the first time. MMA has grown in Asia. My friend who I worked with helped organize that, said it went really well.

1 Like

The first one last year sold out a 20000 person arena in Shanghai

Shit I was thinking of something else.

This was depressing to watch. I don’t want to get old…

No way was it there biggest payout. Online it looks Chuck got $250k, and Tito $200k. They earned more 10yrs ago.

But overall, that was the saddest fight I’ve seen. Guy couldn’t move and his punches were slow as hell. And one simple hit put him down. This is why 48yrs old is way past fighting days.

1 Like

Oscar was using that line - I hadn’t seen any official numbers.

Chuck called out Jon Jones before the fight lol

2 Likes

Payouts were $250k and $200k
I can’t remember who got paid which amount, still a lot of money.

I would arrest anyone who sanctioned that fight for plotting manslaughter.

Chuch is 48 and Tito 43 so it’s not like he is much older than Tito.