Titty Tea in Hsinchu?

Admittedly I only went there a handful of times, but it appears to have disappeared? I tried looking them up again the other day but no luck - no Facebook page anymore and the website is dead - did they close?

Slow and painful death as many other foreign owned places in Taiwan probably.

That’s a shame, if it weren’t so far away I would have gone more often.

It must have all gone tits up for them!

It’s all about the name ‘Titty’ … people probably suspected it was a sex club that served tea … oh. wait … that should’ve been very successful!

Well the name may have promised something and they did’nt deliver on it. And people said MEH and left and didn’t come back.

There had to be something worth coming back to for a successful cafe.

Great… I had that place bookmarked for when I go to Hsinchu in March. Will be there for 2 years starting in a few weeks… Are there any other good expat/local type places to hang out at?

Red Bar is pretty much the defacto place I’d say… :slight_smile:

Doh! I’ve already been to red bar… ehhh… twice… on Saturdays no less. The crowd is weird… a smidgen of locals and a smidgen of old washed up expats with yellow fever.
This is quite depressing.

Hey gents,

Came here trying to get info on titty tea! damm so its shut down?

I’ve been here a month spending time with my partner and was trying to get more info for places with a good crowd? went past red bar…meh. It looks unwelcoming, but I’ll give it a go.

[quote=“Timgeorge90”]Hey gents,

Came here trying to get info on titty tea! damm so its shut down?

I’ve been here a month spending time with my partner and was trying to get more info for places with a good crowd? went past red bar…meh. It looks unwelcoming, but I’ll give it a go.[/quote]
They used ‘Red’ because a yello bar is … totally different! :ohreally:

Yeah it’s gone. There’s a decent replacement just round the corner called Merry Cafe, same idea, small bar that pretends to be a cafe, expensive drinks, but the staff are really friendly, decent selection of drinks and it’s about the only drinking establishment in Zhubei left so they can charge as they like.
In fact I’m going to hijack this post and caution against Zhubei and Hsinchu as a whole, I’ve been here 3 years and a lot of places have shut down due to lack of customers. All the clubs are gone, the only decent bars still going are October Bar, Barfly and Red Bar. Not really enough to plan a big night out around. If you are new to the area then I hope you like KTV or get very familiar with the HSR.

[quote=“Boredfast”]Doh! I’ve already been to red bar… ehhh… twice… on Saturdays no less. The crowd is weird… a smidgen of locals and a smidgen of old washed up expats with yellow fever.
This is quite depressing.[/quote]

Welcome to Hsinchu hahaha.
I am going to be constructive though and mention there are buses to Taipei for around $100 NT that take between 1- 1.5 hours. There are return buses pretty much all night, I’ve caught them after 4am before. You’ll find all the bars here pretty much the same. Most foreigners have either reached a point where they’ve stopped going into Hsinchu (lots of couples who hang out at home) or just go to Taipei