To the turmoil in the rest of the world and the future of Taiwan

to the turmoil in the rest of the world and my questions are:

1. what you see to be the positive environment of taiwan more in the future?
    2)do you think taiwan is still the safe haven?
    3)do you think taiwan still will be one of the richest country in the world?

In 20-30 years global warming will have made Taipei borderline unlivable.

By that time we’ll be powered by off shore wind farms and the whole city will be under air con including AC events centers.

2 Likes

Or, you know…

1 Like

Build the dome!

interesting perception of the world

Last time they built the dome, everything went for shit and some guy rode a motorcycle to the top of it and shattered it with a government bomb.

1 Like

Hmm, may have to electrify it. :thinking:

A few years back I was pondering a novel in which the entire planet constructs an apocalyptic argument over nothing, while Taiwan is left completely out of it all (because Taiwan doesn’t officially exist) and carries on with life regardless. Unfortunately I couldn’t think of any scenario that would make that especially interesting.

Good movie, that.

pictures of sexy, scantily-clad betel nut girls sprinkled liberally throughout the novel

2 Likes

I like it!
And Taiwan ends up becoming entirely self-sufficient (except for the sour cream and decent breakfast sausage, obviously), repurposing their military capability into defending against seaborne outlanders who have devolved into club-wielding scavengers.

Nice!!!

1 Like

The consideration to all 3 questions is: China