To What Extent Are Prostitutes Servicing GI's In Iraq

The last thread on this topic has disappeared. I want to know if there is widespread prostitution surrounding the military presence in Iraq. Historically, the sex industry has thrived in occupied countries, but curiously there is no mention of anything like this in Iraq. Is it going on or is it being covered up?

This will get floundered I am sure.

But why?

BroonArmy

strategypage.com/fyeo/howtom … et=htmoral

"Iraq is a unique war in that everyone leaving base (and most troops don do that), have to be ready and able to fight. While the incidence of combat is not high, it enough to get everyone attention. But most troops play the violent games just to deal with the tension, not to pick up combat tips. The troops preferences in entertainment is similar to their civilian peers. The nternet generation?has already been studied and found to be quicker and more confident when it comes to decision making. So any impact all this electronic entertainment is having, it society wide, and not just the military. In fact, the armed forces are quite pleased with the new skills their PC savvy recruits have brought with them. Moreover, the military does not allow booze or prostitution for the troops in combat zones these days. So compelling electronic entertainment solves a potentially serious morale problem. "

So, essentially, this ain’t your grandpa’s war.

I’m sure the red-light districts in the UAE and Bahrain are doing very well. Its only a hop, skip, and a hump :smiling_imp: away from the battle scene.

[quote=“BroonAle”]The last thread on this topic has disappeared. I want to know if there is widespread prostitution surrounding the military presence in Iraq. Historically, the sex industry has thrived in occupied countries, but curiously there is no mention of anything like this in Iraq. Is it going on or is it being covered up?

But why?

BroonArmy[/quote]

Why do you care? Anyone who has to live under the dangerous conditions and take the risks those troops have to has every right to get laid.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“BroonAle”]The last thread on this topic has disappeared. I want to know if there is widespread prostitution surrounding the military presence in Iraq. Historically, the sex industry has thrived in occupied countries, but curiously there is no mention of anything like this in Iraq. Is it going on or is it being covered up?

But why?

BroonArmy[/quote]

Why do you care? Anyone who has to live under the dangerous conditions and take the risks those troops have to has every right to get laid.[/quote]

I agree. Just a shit-dredging attempt…“Ya see? The Bush stromtroopers are defiling young virgins forced into prostitution in Iraq!”

I’m glad I did a search on google and found that the troops are playing PS2 and blogging! :slight_smile: Who would be dumb enough to go into a private room with a hooker in Iraq anyway? Wake up in an orange jumper and a knife to your throat, camera light on and a guy with an Al-Jazeer TV vest.

[quote=“Flicka”]
Why do you care? Anyone who has to live under the dangerous conditions and take the risks those troops have to has every right to get laid.[/quote]

I don’t really care actually but I was wondering why it has not received a mention anywhere. Maybe the wives don’t want to hear it and maybe the media are exercising self-censorship so as not to harm the USArmy’s post Abu Ghraib tarnished image.

I don’t care but perhaps someone should. There could be outbreaks of STD’s in trailer parks all over the place when some troops return home.

Also, the Arab world would erupt if they found out that some of their women were being knobbed by infidels.

BroonAmbivolent

[quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“Flicka”]

I don’t really care actually but I was wondering why it has not received a mention anywhere. Maybe the wives don’t want to hear it and maybe the media are exercising self-censorship so as not to harm the USArmy’s post Abu Ghraib tarnished image.

I don’t care but perhaps someone should. There could be outbreaks of STD’s in trailer parks all over the place when some troops return home.

Also, the Arab world would erupt if they found out that some of their women were being knobbed by infidels.

BroonAmbivolent[/quote]

Broon,

point 1: since when has the media ever PROTECTED Bush in order to save his face.

point 2: Did you actually say TRAILER PARKS? And the meaning here is that what, grunts are ignorant hicks who have nuttin better to do then join up and shoot some towel heads? Say that where I come from and you’ll be needing a dentist.

With such prejudices, are you SURE you hate Bush? You seem to be exactly the type of person you describe as loving Bush: racist, ignorant and morally-superior. Or have you just been coddled your liberal life and don’t know that poor rural folk use the miltary as a way to pay for college: how dumb is that? It is a means to an end.

Maybe the soldiers and their wives are swingers and they have agreements.

If visiting prostitutes is enough to tarnish a country’s image, then France and Germany were in trouble a long time ago. :wink:

Why would anyone want to fuck Iraqi women in the first place? :loco: What I’ve seen hasn’t exactly been enticing.

can’t say i’ve ever met any iraqi women, but persian women are HOT! :bouncy:

Spend a few long months anywhere with a bunch a jarheads and grunts and you’ll be convinced from their stories that whoever you did could not possibly be as bad as the ones they described. :slight_smile:

Take a trip to Yokosuka Naval Base when the Fleet comes in and watch who those boys attempt to have relations with…you’ll soon see what I mean. ugh… they’re animals: :taz:

My God! I find myself in total agreement with you. Again. That’s twice in less than a fortnight. :astonished:

BroonAgrees

[quote=“jdsmith”]point 2: Did you actually say TRAILER PARKS? And the meaning here is that what, grunts are ignorant hicks who have nuttin better to do then join up and shoot some towel heads? Say that where I come from and you’ll be needing a dentist.

With such prejudices, are you SURE you hate Bush? You seem to be exactly the type of person you describe as loving Bush: racist, ignorant and morally-superior. Or have you just been coddled your liberal life and don’t know that poor rural folk use the miltary as a way to pay for college: how dumb is that? It is a means to an end.[/quote]

Well 'ard & easily wound up, I see. :raspberry:

BroonAntagonizes

Agree on that one Flipper. I think it may be apples & oranges in this comparison.
Although, having spent some time In iran many moons ago, I must say that like everywhere, there are ugly women/people there also.
But Persia is a bit distinct from Iraq in their genetic/cultural heritage. And I think this tilts iheavily in their favor.
And some of the most all-round beautiful women I have ever met have been Perisan…alas and happily married.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Spend a few long months anywhere with a bunch a jarheads and grunts and you’ll be convinced from their stories that whoever you did could not possibly be as bad as the ones they described. :slight_smile:

Take a trip to Yokosuka Naval Base when the Fleet comes in and watch who those boys attempt to have relations with…you’ll soon see what I mean. ugh… they’re animals: :taz:[/quote]
So true. Mindless rutting animals. No female is safe. Lock up your daughters. Send your wives to stay with relatives. Hide your sisters. THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!
(great song)

And I loved every minute of it ! :smiley:

The same could be said for Orchard Towers in Singapore when the US navy is in town. They all congregate there, even though Geylang is safer and frequented by the locals (or so I am told) Basically it is a shopping center by day with the top floors being a string of nightclubs full of

They don’t need prostitutes:

Q: Why are Marines allowed to board Navy ships?
A: …sheep would be too obvious.

It doesn’t matter as long as wear the burka. Works just like a paper bag.

[quote=“BigJim”]They don’t need prostitutes:

Q: Why are Marines allowed to board Navy ships?
A: …sheep would be too obvious.[/quote]
go back to ignore