TOCFL Pilot Test

Does anyone know how its scores are posted online? I’m asking cause I don’t need any official document to certificate my level, but I’d still like to have something that could kind of prove my level if, for instance, I have a job interview abroad and can’t just talk to a Chinese speaker to show my level, do they post a list with the names of the test takers and the level that they obtained or something like that?

I’d suggest taking the ACTFL OPI (oral proficiency interview) and WPT (written proficiency test). ACTFL | Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) Or whatever the EU’s equivalent is.

ACTFL is going to be more widely accepted abroad (US immersion school teaching jobs, for example) and it also actually tests your ability to speak and write in Chinese, rather than testing your ability to know a bunch of random characters or choose which of the following words, all of which are correct, is the best word for this sentence. I found that taking the ACTFL OPI and WPT also gave me very clear direction on what I need to do next to improve — “this is what a speaker at your level is able to do and this is what you didn’t say/write that prevented you from being placed in the next level”. It’s so much more relevant to actually learning how to communicate in a language than being told “congrats! You passed xx level of HSK/TOCFL”, which is actually a useless number that just tells you it’s time to buy the textbook or sign up for your cramming classes for the next level.

For the TOCFL test you can check your scores online in the following link
https://reg.sc-top.org.tw/index.php

After you Login , then you can click on " 成績查詢Check the Result"

Keep in mind the system keep your Test result records for only 2 years , I have done this Test more than 2 year ago (Pilot and Official) and now my scores are not in the system anymore , but I still have the a Paper copy of the TOCFL Score Reports and Certificates

From the Q/A section:

8.我以前考過華測,我可以加發或補發成績單證書嗎?(I have taken the TOCFL test before, is it possible to get a TOCFL test score report and certificate reissued?)

因為語言的能力會受時間影響,這2年內,可能因為常常使用中文,能力快速發展;也可能因為很少使用而退步。所以我們只加發或補發2年內的考試成績。

As language proficiency changes over time, we can only reissue test score reports and certificates within 2 years from the date of your test.

Ah, yeah, thanks I’ve heard of this test and I wanna know more about it, but for now, I just wanted to know about the TOCFL pilot test. Any language proficiency test that follows the CEFR would definitely be more accepted abroad, as it’s already an international standard, but it’s always interesting to see other tests’ ways of evaluating one’s proficiency.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed response, that’s what I was asking for.

1 Like