Toddlers shouting in apartment hallways, is this normal behavior?

:laughing: only it isnā€™t water LOL

Sadly, no. I lost my trumpet during one of the times I moved. Anyway, I donā€™t think my neighbors would appreciate me practicing LOL

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. I was just thinking maybe I should pick it up again. Kinda think itā€™s healthy to Hold your breath longer lol. Better give up on it before my neighbor come and offer 1000 bucks for my sock.

I 100% agree and like this advice. Word it in a concerned way, make them lose face. Ideal.

2 Likes

Or hire a bear anonymously to do the screaming. No way they could trace it back to you :-). Could be a good business model.

2 Likes

Buy a gameboy color and PokĆ©mon yellow. Canā€™t be too expensive and will keep the kid quite for a while. Thereā€™s always PokĆ©mon gold or silver after he beats yellow.

But he seems rather frugal, so I wonder if he would buy such a gift for a neighborā€™s kid.

Chinese people seem to be rather indulgent of noise from small children (and then occasionally snapping and screaming at them).

1 Like

The apple doesnt fall far from the treeā€¦

Frankly, i cannot understand the appeal of apartment life and all the confinement, limitations and stresses that goes along with it.

What other options are there in Taiwan? A house?

Same as any other country. yes, houses are another option of housing :slight_smile:

Really? There are houses in Taipei? Where?

You said taiwan. However, rumour has it taipei has constructed a house or 2 as well :wink:

I suppose so, I guess I even technically lived in a house for a few years in Taipei myself. I just donā€™t get the problem with the noise issues though. In most Taiwanese style houses as well, you would likely have to listen to noise from the street; Taiwan (and most places really) are noisy compared to suburban North American neighborhoods , which I find to be sterile and kind of scary, but thatā€™s just me.

Invest in a decent white noise machine and get good headphones as well, your life will be much better.

1 Like

Yup. I appreciate people who are willing to deal with alife of noise and lack of peace and quite. It allows space for those of us that need no noise , lights, distractions to get a good sleep. Imagine if taiwans population was evenly distributed throughout the land mass. Basicall would be a country of pingdong. Not a good thing.

But for those who dont like crowded stressful lifestyles, taiwan does have options. This isnt singapore.

dr; ets

https://www.nature.com/articles/144014a0