Toenail Vs Fingernail characteristics

Ok Ok, So i know, this has been like, DONE TO DEATH, but I still enjoy opening wounds and having friends dig at each other based on things they can’t control. So, just once more for the hell of it, what are the differences between the characteristics of toenails and finger nails?

Toenails are more susceptible to fungal infections!

That’s true, but few people irritate others by scraping their toenails down a blackboard, so that’s toenails and fingernails level pegging. Or as bad as each other, depending on how you look at it.

Yeah, but, no, but yeah, but no, but yea, but toenails are bigger than fingernails, so, like, if there was a fight… toenails would win. Yeah.

Finger nails grow faster than toe nails.
Nails do not grown after death, they just appear to because the skin shrinks.

Every toenail I ever grew was an arrogant prick who thought it was God’s gift to podiatry. They grow out and think they’re the centre of the foot. I’d like, just once, to grab one of them and just say “Hey dude, see those toes??? Where would you be without them, huh???”. I’m so sick of going to the pedicure shop and hearing all these idiot toenails, all jumped up on cuticle softener and God knows what else, mouthing off so loud that every digit in the place can hear them…“Fucking fingernails, they’re lame, hey, thumbnail!!! Fuck you!!!” and on and on…it’s like they think they’re the only guys on the body with paronychium, for God’s sake.
Fingernails, on the other hand, are generous to a fault. Polite, helpful, give you the lunula off their plate. I wish more keratin-based appendages were like them.

Toenails taste better.

But only on the big toe. Fingernails would trounce the nails of the other toes.

But only on the big toe. Fingernails would trounce the nails of the other toes.[/quote]

When I broke my big toe the lady at the hospital said it can also be referred to as the ‘giant’ toe. I asked if my big thumb could be called my ‘giant’ thumb. She shook her head solemnly at my question, “no, it can’t.”

In conclusion, a toe can be ‘giant’ but a thumb cannot.

So the toes’ big brother is bigger that the fingers’ big brother, and that’s what counts in a fight.

[quote=“TomHill”]
When I broke my big toe the lady at the hospital said it can also be referred to as the ‘giant’ toe. I asked if my big thumb could be called my ‘giant’ thumb. She shook her head solemnly at my question, “no, it can’t.”

In conclusion, a toe can be ‘giant’ but a thumb cannot.[/quote]

The big toe, or giant toe, is still a toe. The thumb, however, is not a finger.
The fingers have established a clique the thumb can’t join. They have taken the higher position on the hand, and left the thumb waaaaaaaay down there all by itself, poor poor darling.

A medical student’s fingers having a conversation:

Index finger: Psssst! Did ya hear? He’s going to specialize in proctology.
Third finger: Yeah? Hey, Pinky, you hear that?
Pinky: What?
Third finger: Proctology! The dude’s gonna specialize in proctology!
Pinky: Does he know?
Middle finger: Huh? What?
Index finger: Nuttin’
Middle finger: C’mon guys, seriously. Do I know what?
Other fingers: :roflmao:

“Toenails” sounds grosser than “fingernails” although “Toenail” was one of the nicknames I gave my little sister Tennille. The other one that I gave her when we were kids that I still call her to this day is “Face”…as in “Buttface”. My mom calls her Face too! Don’t worry, it’s from a game we used to play to make each other laugh.

So the verdict: I love Toenail.

I don’t have any fingernails in my family so I can’t say the same for them.

Where’s the poll, dammit?