Toilet Paper: Toilet or Can?

I realize that that paper has, um, issues. I mean I know some people find it a little rough… but what exactly did they get wrong this time?

Save the used toilet paper. Dry it and use as rolling papers. Make one thing serve two purposes.

1 Like

The focus on the tissue as the issue. “Government willing to promote soluble paper” and “the government is willing to facilitate the manufacture of water-soluble toilet paper.”

I believe the Taipei Times report is skirting around this socially delicate issue.

The focus of the discussion in the legislative yuan, and Chinese language media reports was about the habit of using a bin instead of flushing.

Most paper being used today is already water soluble. The meetings with the tissue manufacturers will focus on getting the soluble paper clearly marked, educating the public to be able to identify what should and should not be flushed, and getting rid of the stinky bin full of turd-smeared paper.

Some people have been telling the public for years, to flush. The mayor of Tainan stood up on the issue years ago, but the EPA quashed the idea. Legislators have also been bringing up the issue for many years, but only the stubborn obstinacy of the EPA has prevented Taiwan making this important step in national development.

KMT legislator Lu told the committee that the current habit of using a bin was a lagging indicator when measuring a country’s level of development.

The fact that a KMT legislator commended a DPP minister shows a rare bipartisan agreement.

Reader comments in the Chinese language media showed that many Taiwanese people already flush, and have been flushing for many years. The flushers scoffed at the bin users and generally regard them as ignorant.

We are witnessing history in the making here. A possible new cultural revolution. :tada:

OMG! That was straight up ass to mouth!! WTF?! :astonished:

Oh my goodness!

We decided to change this habit at home and started on January first.

It’s mid-February, and the toilet is blocked…

Need to change the tissue paper first!

I see these baskets for toilet paper in almost every restroom I go to.

I understand mostly it’s a remnant from when drains couldn’t accommodate bog roll, but I am sure in the majority of the establishments I am referring to in particular (being in my case mostly newer ones) that this is no longer the case - so why keep them around?

Are they afraid the locals will just start throwing their used shit paper on the floor or not know what to do with it and carry it out or eat it or something?

Why not put up signs in the same way - maybe even in the same place?! - that they put the “hey dont stand on/straddle the toilet seats” posters?

Seeing and smelling large baskets full of peoples’ smeared #2 Is easily top-5 most disgusting things about this place.

I would still leave a basket in a public toilet. Otherwise some girls will just flush their pads down. And those things will clog it up, fueling the tissue clogging mindset.

lol

Can’t use tissue paper, but toilet paper flushes just fine