Toilet question

[quote=“Chris”]Regarding public toilets, whether squatty potties or sit-down types, I wish everyone would heed the following maxim when throwing the toilet paper into the bin:

“The brown side goes DOWN”! :fume:[/quote]

Wow … why? I can read/tell someone’s fortune from that …

So how did you get out when you inevitably fell in due to that situation?[/quote]

Carefully :wink:

Uh, suddenly I’m not hungry anymore.

I’ve been some private homes with squatter’s, mostly in Nantou area - when I first came to visit my penpal (now my sister-in-law) here in Taiwan 10 years ago, her fathers house in Shuili only had a squatter. Now they have two toilets, a squatter and a sit-on-your-bum…mainly because when my sister-in-law got married to her german husband, they wanted to provide a more comfort toilet for the german friends and family :slight_smile:

When I go visit Shuili with my husband now I never use the squatter…it simply stinks too much with too many bugs! Ai yo…

Hmmm…I guess the whole neighboorhood have squatters, can’t imagine them using a sitting toilet. Very urban people (and I don’t mean like a fashion-state of mind). Retired farmers.

I haven’t seen any private homes with squatters, but I have seen some older studio apartments in Kaohsiung (Fengshan) with them. Only $4000 a month, furnished and with an internet connection. But, even that low price wouldn’t be enough to convice me to live there.

Try being 1.93m tall trying to take a dump with your face pressed against the cubicle door… I really hate the squat toilets

Thanks all for the inside poop on the current toilet situation. :laughing: Actually very helpful (believe it or not).