Tom tramps through Europe

Consider…The Hebrides

…or Malta

Welcome to Malta.com

The Republic of Malta is a small but heavily populated island nation in the middle of the Mediterranean. Consisting of 7 islands it is a popular tourist resort due to it’s tropical climate, exciting nightlife, and a history dating back thousands of years. Please take time to browse the site and learn more about this gem of the Mediterranean. There is something here for every type of holidaymaker.

Haha. The Hebrides! If you are actually British, being stuck on some windswept Celtic outpost in a caravan/tent/grim B&B with the ‘friendly Gaels’ that you are related to is what you did every summer as a child and not exactly much of a holiday. Passive aggressive car sickness is the only way to deal with that sort of child abuse… ‘Muuuuum, why can’t we have a cottage in the Dordogne like normal peeeooopllle? Bleuuuuch! Euuughiie!’

Meant for humor only…I’ve flown over them. And made sure the pilot had no intentions of landing there.

Now as for Malta…that place is very worthy of a holiday…or two.

They are Beautiful, but not something I appreciated as a child.

Just crash on Buttercup’s living room floor for 2 weeks.

Portsmouth, sleeping in Viscount Nelson’s bunk aboard the HMS Victory. Warning: If you’re over 5’6" you feet will hang over the footboard, but that is better than sleeping with your neck on the headboard. Not much to fear from heavy seas these days aboard the Victory, other than angry docents.

While in his bunk, you can relive the Battle of the Nile, which a history buff like yourself would relish, and is near Cairo.

With streaming live video…!!!

Well I for one love the Hebrides. Inner and Outer. So there.

Why not head for the Costa del Sol? I hear it’s full of holiday-making busty Britesses who are up for a bit if you come on with the gab and ply them with booze. Each morning you can wake up beside a different Dolly from Leeds, Lizzie from Motherwell or Andrea from Norwich. In between your conquests, you can stay drunk on cheapo vino, scoff down on real English grub, and flop on the beach to tan yourself rubescent from crown to toe. What could possibly be better than that?

Here

Yes, but were there ever touring caravans involved in any of your stays there?

Italian pyramids, you say?

How about San Marino? Make sure you get a stamp in your passport…

You can go there after seeing the Italian pyramids.

Someone said Sweden. Sweden is boring compared to Norway. Norway rocks, go to Hammerfest all the way up there. They have fjords and shit and daylight is 20 hours a day.

Norway all the way.

Yes, but were there ever touring caravans involved in any of your stays there?[/quote]
Well of course. Especially in the outers there are few trees, so firewood’s at a premium. Grockle caravans became the obvious fuel of choice for those evening fireside soirees. Kumbaya, my lord, kumbaya! Pass the marshmallows.

Native speakers, help out a poor EE gal here improve her Engrish, please.
So I saw in movies that a tramp is same as a whore, yes? So, does that mean when you use the verb “to tramp” is the same as “to whore” or “to prositute” oneself?

I pass no judgement on our friend, TomHill, though. I just want to warn him that you can’t just show up in Amsterdam and start prostituting yourself for some travelling money. You need to get registered first, take a medical, insurance, get a license, set up shop, etc. It’s not as simple as most people asume. We take our prostitution seriously in Holland, you’d better not mess with the system!

Well it’s a quaint term, one that has been largely preserved by New Zealanders who like to “tramp” through the woods and sheep paddocks . . . oh, I see what you mean.

HG

tash, I believe that TomHill considers himself a gifted amateur and has no intention to go pro. Don’t worry!

So, did he ever come back?

He shoulduv went to Cerne Abbas. It’s not far from Cairo, and the exchange rate is better than Amsterdam. Cerne Abbas, baby. It would have been right up Tom’s alley!

Yes, there were sightings in Londinium, about a month ago. Bonny and blithe and good and not really the other thing although he respects all lifestyles choices. Not messing about on stoopid websites like the rest of us.