Tommy and Tammy’s bay area (and other) adventures

showed this TT downhill run to a good bud of mine who drives like 100 mph all the time and he said (not knowing this is me driving) that the car is cool but the dude needs to go back to drivers ed for hoggin the yeller line.

dang yankee didnt know that that particular road is very narrow its not a true 2 lane and if you dont hug the middle a bit you are likely to go off the end.
what cha think? And besides i am watching whats coming all the time. And will not be near the yeller if anything is coming or of there is a blind corner
because the frontal offset crash is the worst crash for cars to endure.
its worse than a full frontal often

When’s the missus going to drive the car?

Please take a video!

He won’t be able to hold the camera when she is driving as both his hands will be gripping the seat for dear life.

1 Like

Yeah strangely enough she has not demanded I hand over the keys yet

Or even wanted to know how all the features work

She’s just taking her sweet time
Car may be ours for 20 years like the Acura was who knows

1 Like

You are not kidding and there is no Oh Shit handle in the car either

2 Likes

And the longer she takes, the harder it will be for you to hand the keys over!!

I know I already don’t want to
It’s a
Huge
Step up for me from
The Acura I am loving what people call the wannabe R8. I call it the girls R8 but it really is growing on me

Well got the the first bill today and that kinda makes me wish I got the crosstrek for half the bill but that car doesn’t have the performance or the feel or the bang and olufsen

You only live twice !

The crosstrek is easier to get into and has a much softer ride . The TT rides a bit firmer than the Acura even but zero to 60 in 5 seconds is better than zero to 60 in 10 in the crosstrek (the Acura did it in 8)
Crosstrek are pretty common there are two just in our block and teslas litter the landscape

The TT is pretty unique I rarely see a used one much less a new one . There were less than 20 new for sale in the USA the day I got mine So it’s pretty cool to be driving something unique. Almost as rare as seeing an actual R8. And I got the same steering wheel bar the stop/start button on the steering wheel the R8 and the TTRS has plus the same seats as the R8 and the interior design

The TT times are what top 911 used to do Course they are at the three point five or less now those super cars

Heck any Tesla does it in five or less

Day off for me I’m gonna give her a ride and then drive down that hill again and get
The scone and. Hot
Chocolate and hope she doesn’t give me the finger again Ugh

Spoke too soon no not the finger in the hot chocolate
It went fine this AM. No finger

Wifey just asked to be sat down and educated on the features

She’s announced she is taking over the TT as of now

Of course I just filled it with gas and washed and waxed it

Just had two windows tinted with 3m mid grade for 200

It ain’t cheap here

I hope you enjoyed your few days of fun. Now it’s time to go back to work so you can pay for her indulgence.

1 Like

Yup that is EXACTLY how it works

Wife gets the fun cars husband drives the Prius

And to think the young guns want to get married lol

I’m glad I held off as long as I could

And in a moment of delusion I said I Do

But in all fairness it’s not all bad

Just mostly bad :smiley_cat::smiley_cat:

You get a dictator to yell commands at you at home
Occasionally there may be a home cooked meal

House does get cleaned once a week
You do get guaranteed companionship
Everywhere you go she will be watching you :smiley_cat:

Once in a blue moon when all the planets line up
You might get a winkey winkey

Communication is by bull horn as nobody wants to listen to each other

And it’s mostly my fault (according to her it’s always all my fault of course )

So yeah not all bad

And your mileage may vary of course

Oh and we are not used to being in the city yet so we still go across the bridge to the east bay to our favorite restaurants and gym

Even though we have thousands of restaurants to discover in SF and a branch of our gym City Sport is five mins drive away it’s too crowded which is true as it’s in the city

So we went to one of our fav Korean restaurants last night and to our gym in concord and then she drove us home

The view of the bay was spectacular at sunset

She has the same bad habit as me that is to say she leans towards the right of the lane and a few times we rode the white line and I had to remind her to scoot to the middle in the lane

Too bad the TT doesn’t have lane assist and active adaptive cruise

The lane assist would have kept us in the middle

The TT is wider than her Prius C so it will need a little getting used to

Next week we are going to Reno and it will be her first long drive so she better get up to speed

3 Likes

always wanted to go to car week in monterey. and i never remembered what week it was . wifey reminded me and i looked at the schedule. Id like to go on sunday when the thing ends and all the fancy cars are lined up in carmel.
the events you need to pay are not cheap.
i signed on to buy a one day event at the rolex classic car races on the 19th. but it wasnt available online but they called me back and i got a ticket for the 19th. will be fun to attend this event i think.
get to see a lot of former Le Mans racers and winners?

Will report on that. was about 85 bucks for ticket for one and parking. Wifey doesnt want to go, so im going by prius.

the jet event sounds like a lot of fun but 405/person cheapest is more than i want to pay. although it does seem like good value??
2500 /person for the top level ticket?? that is def for the one percent who may actually be bidding on a multi million dollar car or selling one or a jet?

Motorlux I Tickets

1 Like

Getting used to our new digs in sunset
She walked to the cliff house and back on the beach again today some 7 miles round trip

I passed …again

1 Like

That’s a sexy looking vehicle.

I agree with the missus on this one - you only live once.

1 Like

I hope the Garage was totally cleaned out, all new Carpet etc. for its new occupant.

Nope garage is a mess can’t put a car in there right now
Our cars live outside for now

Wife has had the car a few days now
She loves it of course

She said today on the freeway the wing came up
(The retractable spoiler come up at 78mph and back down at 50mph)

I said whoa there tigress ease off on that pedal

I must admit it’s a nice feeling to make the wing come up

Sounds like a euphemism for something :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Has the fancy dash-cam been fitted yet - the one that allows live streaming via YouTube as the car hurtles down the freeway. Might be a way of paying for the car, live stream to all her friends in Indonesia and rake in the funds from YouTube.

PS - Post the link here when you have it up and running. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Never heard of that
Great idea though

TTRS already gonzo. TTS and TT soldier on one more year, but looks like not even a real replacement on the horizon:
Audi TT to be axed in 2023 for ‘emotional’, electric replacement | Auto Express

Hey hey ho ho
everybody is speeding on 80 to Reno

The wing is up all the time
Oh what a feeling

Used to make only one stop at Starbucks in Colfax when we do the Reno run but now from
SF it’s 2 hours and 30 minutes instead of one hour and 30 mins

So we made the first piss stop at our fav cafe
STATES coffee in Martinez a high end cafe
Meaning high end prices
A latte and a camomile tea and a slice of banana bread for 18 bucks thank you

They have a coffee roaster on the premises and do make fab coffee

They have a branch across the bridge in Benecia which I’ve been to as well

Hurrah for independent cafes
A dying breed

Now in colfax and it’s 96 degrees F outside at some 2400 feet elevation

Taking a break before the expected 90 mins to Reno

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, do you own or rent your apartment, what kind of salary do you pull in to fund these auto purchases, does your wife work, etc.? Curios about what is comfodartanble in Cali these days?