Too much modding

And also it was my birthday. Being suspended on your birthday…dat some cold shit right there.

2 Likes

That was it then. The good mods just want you to celebrate such date with your dear ones, instead of wasting your time with us weirdos…
And happy belated birthday! :birthday:

1 Like

looks like the mod(s) owe you some funky cold medina, and they have to play the cowbell part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIQzFuLAcU

1 Like

Now I’ve lost me fucking regular status as well. Jesus, if Taiwaneasy was accepting new reggos I’d be over there faster than you can say “this is an outrage”, let me I tell you.

I read that first as too much “nodding.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaBxH_MKQI

2 Likes

I have very limited experience of doing the old modding on Taiwanease, back in the days when there was some action over there. I quit after a few months on account of being useless at it.

Anyway, presumably because I was a new mod and was viewed as a soft target I was inundated by complaints about posts from a couple of posters. In one case I temped a post after numerous complaints about it from one poster. It was borderline offensive IMO. The poster whose post I temped then complained in a thread about my temping. The bloody poster who’d complained about the post then joined in the thread to complain that I was being overly censorious. It was freaking ridiculous.

I have no idea if this is the case here, but there are posters who enjoy playing silly buggers and/or have a grievance with another poster any will take advantage of an inexperienced mod.

I also had another poster who warned me that “people like you need to watch their backs”. Charming, and not forgotten.

4 Likes

yeah but in my case there was no post flagged, no temping, absolutely nothing. I’m back today and none the wiser. I presume the thread in question is the one in Dating where some guy asked about how to approach girls here and there then ensued a general discussion about those types of questions. I left the thread after admitting to Andrew that in the end there was nothing wrong with the question, it being a dating forum after all.

I think it was a misunderstanding . They said “ wash your back “ :slightly_smiling_face: As everyone has such varying ideals, opinions and beliefs , it would appear to be an impossible task , as you say @BiggusDickus to satisfy everyone . Half of the posts on here are moaning about something ; I include myself :slight_smile: . Every structure has to have , at least , some red lines … I get that , as long as decisions are based on the rules . One problem may be trying to remove emotions from decisions . I will whine sometimes and not understand things , but I’m glad some other poor b*stard has taken on the responsibility of keeping us in order :kissing_heart:. I am now rambling , unusually , so I will retreat :innocent:

1 Like

It was me. You made a personal attack, which you should know is against the rules as I’ve told you many times after you made other personal attacks. In April, you got a board warning for again making personal attacks, which you did not respond to. You can’t make personal attacks on people calling them various names regardless of the reason. The easiest way to not be confused by being moderated for personal attacks is to not make them.

But I still don’t know what the personal attack was. Not arguing with you, I just don’t know what we’re talking about.

Sending you a PM.

1 Like

God help us if The real AOC or the real Donald Trump joins Forumosa :joy: hehe

1 Like

That would certainly make for some lively conversations. Do you think we can invite them to join in?

You can replace “posters” with “students” and “mod” with “teacher”, and it can be seen as a parallel for inexperienced teachers learning how to facilitate a classroom. :wink:

1 Like

Sure, send them an email :slight_smile:

You’ll get the rare promoter badge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg37GnKzzpo

(video starts at 2:30)

1 Like

is it OK if you repent afterwards?