Top-10 things I miss the most about Taiwan that I can’t experience in crappy England

Maybe I’m just naive, but I didn’t know brothels were everywhere in Taiwan and thought they were illegal.

:no_mouth:

2 Likes

Don’t you speak Pirate?

4 Likes

:pirate_flag:

Ooooh. My friend taught me this strategy. I use it against banks and telcos.

1 Like

Everywhere…and yes, technically illegal if registered as a brothel. Easy to get around. They officially shut them down during the current ccp virus outbreak though, further proving its an allowed illegal industry haha.

You are doing brothels wrong…

Try this next time :woman_kneeling:

Call it this :microphone:

And make damn sure never this :pregnant_woman:

Then you are doing taiwanese brothels proper.

1 Like

Freaking expats.

The brothels are local, and supported by locals mostly :wink: or you mean why do us expats not enjoy enslaving young girls into sex trafficking? I know, we are freaks for wanting better lives for them. How dare we stick our longer/extra pigmented/lacking pigmentation, narrow and etc noses in the business of locals oppression. Shame on us.

I agree, fucking expats. I would say though, in all seriousness, the types of expats in taiwan, korea and japan are vastly different than many other areas. Thats a compliment.

Anecdotally, there were more of that type of young expat in the 90s, 00s, and early 10s in Taiwan, Japan, and Korea. You don’t hear of that too much today. I guess they moved on to other places where its easier. I would definitely say the women of today in all 3 countries are definitely more discerning.

All the expat sites were buzzing how easy the women were, people picking up psycho xiaojies at the club that would stalk them, none of the women insisted on condoms, and all the pickup clubs that are now defunct that foreigners would get run out by a wannabe gangster for hitting on their girl. Such fun entertainment :rofl:

1 Like

You hang out with a very different crowd than i do haha. Even then, its nothing like the sex tourism other places. Taiwan is way more conservative than that. It happens here but ya, vastly different.

Actually I don’t hang with that crew that’s why I said anecdotally from the stories online and clubs back in the day that are nothing like the heyday. Taiwan was more conservate then but foreigners were more of a novelty and so even ugly guys could attract girls way out of their league. That dating environment is long gone where being white and stepping off the plane landed women and I’d even say a lot of women prefer dating local guys these days. Just a personal observation.

True. But ladies date ugly locals too. I know what you mean though. The novelty of white is mostly gone (thankfully) and the novelty of black is still not allowed with the family (still racist). Thank god universities here still have at least one use :wink:

1 Like

I definitely noticed the difference from when I first arrived in Taiwan in 2011 compared to when I left in 2017. During that time, there were so many negative news stories about foreign guys preying on sweet innocent local girls. I remember one incident where the news filmed foreign men leaving nightclubs with local girls and snogging in the taxi showing how Taiwanese girls would allegedly get with a foreign man at the drop of a hat.

I think this wave of negative stories caused the situation to die down, not to mention the fact that foreign men became less of a novelty over the years. But, despite it not being a big thing anymore, I’ve found that the stereotype of young white expats being sex crazed womenizers who women throw themselves at persists.

1 Like

Foreigners attracting girls out of their league? That is what jealous losers say.

There were a lot of guys 15 years ago getting nothing. I mean nothing. Like everywhere, certain guys were cleaning up, but many weren’t. These are the same guys cleaning up at home too.

Some of the so called ugly guys were getting with the nightclub girls who you would see with a different foreigner every week. These girls were not out of their league. Under the cold light of day, they would scare you and were normally 10 years older. If anything, the twenty five year old foreigner was out of their league.

Most Taiwanese don’t say that foreigners get girls out their league. in fact they ask why so many marry ugly ones.

Not me though. My wife is a stunner and way out of my league.

5 Likes

Naw I didn’t mean to generalize, sorry. I really just meant freaking expats on this thread.

I don’t know if I buy that… Small sample size, but I had a friend that could hardly get a date in college do really, really well with women in Japan, and I’ve talked to more than a couple really awkward dudes in Taiwan with pretty decent looking girlfriends that I can’t imagine having much luck with the women in the u.s…

1 Like

Maybe he had heard it was easier, so acted more confident, which resulted in more luck?

Confidence is king with women. The world is changing but that is not going to change.

All I know is that I have seen about ten guys get married since I’ve been here, and I don’t think any of them were out of their league looks wise.

Overall being a white guy here might give you a boost. There is a novelty factor with some women, but it doesn’t turn Rooney into Becks. If you are not going to do the legwork, you still won’t do well with women.

1 Like

If no one else is going to say it, i will be the punching bag on this one. I mean its obviously true beyond a fraction of a doubt with anyone here for any amount of time and mingles with society.

Many women have serious issues marrying locally due to family/legal slavery. Marrying a foreigner (sometimes haha) avoids this huge issue. However many families are still incredibly superficial, racist and controlling. Black and dark skinned males are shit out of luck. Unless gay. Thats a different issue that doesnt involve grandchildren and surname inheritance. Poor people as well. White/light skin is deemed good in a racist Han way of showing true uselessness on a practical physical scale. Here the whites tend to be teachers, businessmen, researchers etc which are respected. There are hippies, But they are in the minority as well, and many i know have massive relationship issues a well haha. A least the men.

This is why i said above thankfully this stupidity (whites being sought after) is slowing down as its as retarded as it comes. But it is reality…regardless how stupid it is. Honestly, a guy getting a woman because his race is almost always in for a rude awakening and probably a divorce. Race might be a decent ice breaker, but your personality should be what wins her. Those guys that goti clubs an fuck everyone need to think they ar fucking half the expat community in that city as well. Its just gross. At least foreigners arent deported for having HIV anymore, So bar hoppers can find solitude in that and cheap helth care i guess.

And yes, i have black friends who married here as well. But they are certainly the minority, and it is very very clear.

On the flip side, male taiwanese can marry darker skinned women that are poor because taiwan is also…sexist, hurray! If she cleans, cooks and takes care of his oarents she can even be ugly, cause there are brothels everywhere. This style of culture is quite dysfunctional nd it doesnt work in regards to people being happy. Anyone denying.that is aither ignorant or lying. I have los count how many women i know that have commited suicide. More than a handful while pregnant. And i am not mister social.

These issues need to be discussed if there is ever to be hope of change. Because all sides tend to be severly depressed and full of anxiety. In my experience, sitting down and having mature conversaions can alleviate such issues withinmonths. we do it all the time, an it is effective. Mature conversations with anunbias PATIENT moderator is key to a lot of families peace.

Counselling here, unfortunately, isnt so common outside of economic realms.

You make some interesting points. There is definitely some truth concerning some women running away from dysfunctional families.

You are surely exaggerating about losing count of how many people you know who have committed suicide though. How could you lose count of that?