Top international lists non Taiwanese restaurant as top in KHH

The restaurant on the list is not very Taiwanese, more Japanese-French. Not to say the place is not good, but sad if you come to Taiwan and not try local foods even if its made for non Taiwanese tastes (Like made for Japanese haha),
list
Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants | The List and Awards (theworlds50best.com)

Some my Japanese friends/co workers really enjoy much cheaper places like the $100 ones, 100 beer and dishes .

I was going to agree, then I thought about how many times I have travelled and bought pizza, burgers, sandwiches.

it really is a shame to not taste a place’s local flavors when travelling to a totally different culture/language. it’s also hard to judge if one will be on the toilet or not for a week. sometimes we just want the view, the nature etc, not the food. sadly I am guilty of that

porque no los dos?

I don’t see a Kaohsiung restaurant on the list, but come on, do you really think a restaurant serving Taiwanese food can be a Top-100 restaurant in Asia?

Even people who like Taiwanese food generally all agree that the food is objectively much better in most other Asian countries.

Me 2. Or me not 2.