Top Picks Among Recent Movies

I saw it and thought it was great. So did everyone else who wrote about it on this thread.

There’s a British movie like this every year: small budget, actors you’ve probably never heard of, but a great original story.

In this case, there is some gory stuff going on, but don’t let that detract you: the climax of the story makes everything worthwhile.

Just go and see this one: it’s one of the must-see films of the year, I rate it as one of my top three favorites so far, together with Adaptation and About Schmidt.

Saw Turn Left, Turn Right on Sat. night and I didn’t like it either!! It wasn’t really what I thought it was with the story line and a lot of things that happened in the movie seems ridiculous to me. (like of like Serendipity) Too many unbelievable details happened to them which makes me wanna kick the story writer. If you are into unrealistic romance comedy then it would be a good movie to watch.

Also, I can’t believe how many ppl talked during the movie about what is going to happen and making stupid comments. I did my Shhhh and please be quite thingy but it still doesn’t work!!! I can’t stand it!!! If you know what is going to happen, then why don’t ya make a movie yourself??

SWAT!

eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy eye candy!!!
LL Coooooooooooooooool J!
You do know what LL stands for?

And that little Colin squirt, too. :smiley:

Didn’t see that other thread, thx Toe.

Kate Beckinsale in the sexiest, tightest black rubber suit ever.
Along with the british accent and vampire fangs, this babe/vixen makes the movie “Underworld” more than worth your time.

She will be ‘mine’ tonight. :slight_smile:

(Anybody wants to join on such a short notice?)

Hi Alien

LL Cool J = Ladies Love Cool James

His real name is James Todd Smith or something equally unmemorable.

But, LL isn’t the least bit unmemorable himself! :smiley:

Alien,

Gotta concur… this lady has always loved LL cool J… Could care less about 50 cent, Puffy(piddley) Sean John or what ever he calls himself… or half of the other rappers come wanta be stars… but give me LL and Will Smith :slight_smile:

So, I read the post on Pirates… worth going to I guess, have a free ticket to Breeze, so gotta check out whats playing.

Matchstick Men - what a plodding flick. On the other hand, if you’re trying to catch up on your sleep.

Is Lost in Translation here yet? I’ve been looking forward to seeing it.

Who is in this movie??

Also, have anyone seen Confessions of a Dangerous Mind?? Any good?
I heard it’s kind a little reunion of Ocean’s 11.

~MiakaW~

Lost in Translation has Bill Murray in Japan. Sounds quite good. You can see previews and clips on ifilm.com

For those who went to the movie on Sat. night, how was the movie?? Care to share since I wasn’t there… :cry:

BTW, the movie is called - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Not what I expected (didn’t do ‘my homework’ though) but it was very funny and I wasn’t disappointed in any way. :slight_smile:

[quote=“MiakaW”]For those who went to the movie on Sat. night, how was the movie?? Care to share since I wasn’t there… :cry:

BTW, the movie is called - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind[/quote]

The best (new) flick I’ve seen in eons. I’d put it on my “all time” list. But it was adapted by Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich and Adaptation) and he’s a just a creative, and very weird, screenwriter.

But black comedy is also my fave genre of film, as I’ve said before.
Especially when you go see one with gigglies (Imaniou and Iris) who GET the humour. I don’t think the local audience did get it however, as they didn’t laugh nearly as much as we did.

:slight_smile: There you go, lost in translation!

I also enjoyed it probably more than anyone else because I grew up watching the Dating Game, Newlywed Game and Gong Show and adored seeing Chuck Barris do his “schtick” on the Gong Show.

Follow up on the film, I found out that he disappeared for 20 years to live in the south of France after Gong Show was cancelled because he thought America hated him so much. He dashed off “Confessions” before he went away. Now he’s recently remarried and 73 years old living in NYC. Furthermore, he won’t deny his connections with the CIA when asked!

:shock:

Bought Anger Management on DVD and watched it last weeked. Laughed my ass off. Adam Sandler wasn’t nearly as funny as Jack Nickholson, who stole the show. But then, when doesn’t he steal the show?

I also bought Frida. Looking forward to that, when I’ve got two hours available.

Be sure to let us know what you think of it after you’ve found those two hours. I picked that one out the last time I went shopping for DVDs and VCDs, but already had what I wanted so decided to leave it till next time.

Selma’s rude bits. Frequently. 'Nuff said?
And you also get to see Trotsky’s ears burn.