Top Ten National Anthems

I think the english national anthem should be changed,as it is the same of the british national anthem. Or the british one should change… I could never sing it anyway. I can’t stomach the royal family…
“Nationalism is a virtue for the violent.”
Oscar Wilde.

Actually, Bassman, I’ve got to change my suggestion. Ten Guitars might be a close runner, but We Don’t Know How Lucky We Are should be the NZ anthem :smiley:

Italy–INNO DI MAMELI

… i wonder how many italians remember the italian national anthem… all of my friends neither remember the lyrics…
Anyway, seems that italians are going to substitute the Inno Di Mameli with the Nabucco by Verdi (…why…??)

Well, if you’re going to judge based on sexiness, then this has to be it.

No. 1 Anthem for me would be Philippines’ Lupang Hinirang (for some reason I keep thinking it’s called Bayang Magiliw…)

‘Oh Canada’ best redition this year will be after the men’s ice hockey gold medal game in Putin’s Russia. We gonna turn Putin, into Poutine, though that shouldn’t be hard, he already is a cheesy, greasy bastard who is good for no one’s health.

For the pure melody and ofcourse the beautiful words, the Indian National Anthem is superb. This is one of the good recent compilations, both instrumental and vocal.

Jana Gana Mana

Based on your posts on F.com, you are certainly foremost in that category! Big time!

You are so boring you could start the “The UEL Tea Party” and be completely ignored by your fellow Fraser Institute shills. :smiley:

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“Chewycorns”]
The worst national anthem is Canada’s. What a boring piece of music, just like most of it people.
[/quote]

Based on your posts on F.com, you are certainly foremost in that category! Big time!

You are so boring you could start the “The UEL Tea Party” and be completely ignored by your fellow Fraser Institute shills. :smiley:[/quote]

Isn’t there a forum rule against gravedigging? BigJohn is so bored and so boring :laughing: he’s re-reading 2004 posts :laughing:

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“ChewDawg”][quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“Chewycorns”]
The worst national anthem is Canada’s. What a boring piece of music, just like most of it people.
[/quote]

You are so boring you could start the “The UEL Tea Party” and be completely ignored by your fellow Fraser Institute shills. :smiley:[/quote]

Isn’t there a forum rule against gravedigging? BigJohn is so bored and so boring :laughing: he’s re-reading 2004 posts :laughing:[/quote]

To be fair, Chewpup has been away for a while and the Taiwan white-demographics have changed. Canadians make up far less of Taiwan Crackerdom than they used to so these angry feelings the Chewtoy had towards his brethren because he couldn’t separate himself and be seen as an individual are no longer valid.

Big John don’t be a big twat. You know the Chewpup was only lashing out back then, since then, with a thinning of the Canuck herd, and double digit years of Conservative government, I would go so far to say that ole Chewboy is a flag waving Canuckhead worthy of a cameo in a Molson Canadian commerical.[/quote]

You better believe I am. Especially when I see these sorts of changes! :canada: :bravo:

[quote=“Conrad Black in the National Post”]
The content of the Knesset speech was generally accurately reported in Canada, but not widely recognized as a brilliant address, as a great milestone in the rise of Canada as a power in the world, a clarification of the moral basis of this country’s foreign policy, and as an episode that brings distinction on the whole country. [/quote]

It is indeed a pretty insipid anthem.
And, I’d wager I’ve had to sit through it far more than most.
That said, anthems are damn silly all round.
Truly.

How come noone mentioned russian anthem?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]It is indeed a pretty insipid anthem.
And, I’d wager I’ve had to sit through it far more than most.
That said, anthems are damn silly all round.
Truly.[/quote]

Indeed. Silly songs to inspire people to be proud and go to war against each other.

Overtures are superior to anthems: this one has two anthems init.

I thoroughly concur.

But if I was forced to go with an an anthem, then this one always goes down well with the grunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKAwPA14Ni4

St Helena, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6uTLknRfec&ab_channel=Defonseca

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Sounds like an old country/western tune from the 1930s

I have a soft spot for the republic of Air Canada anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV1ZjCZPPMc

Dear Canada,

blah blah blah, air miles, blah blah