Is this still season one youre talking about? I’ll have to buy it now. No way would I wait to rent something so suspenseful. Ta!

I just finished my 4 day long, 8Gigabyte download of Season 2 from the internet (BitTorrent). :shock:

I would love to buy it, but it’s not available in Taiwan yet. So :stuck_out_tongue: to that decision.

Seriously, great show - and I’ve only made it little more than 2PM in the first season. Still watching. Eyes bleeding. Knuckles turning white. Mouth dry. Nervous twitch in face :laughing:

Sutherland earned an Emmy for the first season, for those that don’t know this – it’s really a top-quality show.

What’s going on here…nobody wants to talk about it…come on…I want to discuss this with you guys…

Like…

Why were the Drazens be about to kill Jack when they got clear of the prison only to have Jack save himself by announcing that the younger brother was alive and in their custody? If they killed him, he wouldn’t have been able to bring the phone bomb to Palmer…another continuity problem…

Spoilers:

[spoiler]

quote: “Didn’t Gaines order Jack to kill Nina in one of the morning episodes?”
He did.

quote: “Why would he do this if she was a highly placed spy? Is it possible that Drazer would not have informed Gaines about Nina’s special status?”
Either that (most likely I would say) or she became expandable. Don’t think it was planned that Jack will take her along, so they needed to get rid of her without getting Jack suspicous so that they could continue with their plan (getting Jack to kill Palmer).

quote: “Why were the Drazens be about to kill Jack when they got clear of the prison only to have Jack save himself by announcing that the younger brother was alive and in their custody? If they killed him, he wouldn’t have been able to bring the phone bomb to Palmer…another continuity problem…”
True. I also wonder where Jack got his car from after the explosion. The 4WD was parked just outside the hotel but didn’t he arrive there by a car provided by the hijackers?
(After the prison escape he was odered to go there directly or did I miss out something?)

Also hated the wife or Palmer, a real ‘bitch’.

quote: "Now, a prediction…Victor drazer is not dead…did you see the cut away to a speedboat with a notorious red trim silently ebbing into the LA night…no reason for that scene…unless??? That Victor…what a “double"dealer…”[/spoiler]
I hope not, that would be a really lame plot …

[spoiler]

quote: “Why would he do this if she was a highly placed spy? Is it possible that Drazer would not have informed Gaines about Nina’s special status?”
quote: “Either that (most likely I would say) or she became expandable. Don’t think it was planned that Jack will take her along, so they needed to get rid of her without getting Jack suspicous so that they could continue with their plan (getting Jack to kill Palmer).”

Maybe. Not completely convinced yet. As it turns out, her German contacts seem more highly placed and professional than even the Drazens, and they were pros…

Also…Nina even going up to Jack in his office to put herself in jeopardy…she would have known what was what…left him alone…[/spoiler]

Spoiler: How come nobody ever mentions Kim’s friend is dead? And her father too?
Sorry, but there are loads of plot inconsistencies in this series. It’s not as good as you all made it out to be. Addictive and unique, yes. Great thriller, uh, no.

Kim’s friend was used purely to get to Kim and her father was killed so that the baldy-headed guy could impersonate him and get close to Jack’s wife.

I still think it was indeed a great thriller. There hasn’t been anything else I’ve seen on the TV in the last few few years that has held my attention so well, except maybe the Sopranos, but that show doesn’t even come close to 24, IMO.

Maybe you have A.D.D. then Sandman. It’s ok. It definately holds attention, but I want to know why Kim is never told about her friend’s death. Why doesn’t she ask? She’s in the same hospital at one point, for cryin out loud!
That bothers me.
I still have four hours to go.
The women are all so bony, except for Kim. And Kim, the nubile teenager, is the only one who wears low cut tops to show her cleavage. I guess because she’s the only one who has it.
What’s his face has a stupid triangular hair thing below his bottom lip. Is that the style?
I like Milo best, but you never see him much. He’s the kid from Six Feet Under.
And to say that this is better than the Sopranos, you need your head examined.
I long to see Sopranos Season 4. I could wait to see the second season of this one. And I usually love thrillers, but then, I’m a huge Hitchcock fan, so most others fail in my opinion.
That said, the plot line (even inconsistent) seems very topical with all the presidential conspiracy terrorist shite.

Have you ever seen Arlington Road, by chance?

No, but then, I need my head examined and I have ADD. :stuck_out_tongue:

Arlington Road is intense…totally not the ending I was expecting…damn…America’s a scary place…

I have to admit that having the initial enthusiasm wear off a little, I would like to temper it somewhat by saying that, in retrospect, 24 can be a little cheesy at times, soap-opera-esque…dead bodies always coming back to life, amnesia…I mean, come on…did she have to get amnesia too?

Other than some recognizable TV actors, the only two film actors I can remember are Lou Diamond and Dennis Hopper…oddly enough, former co-stars of Keifer’s (Young Guns and FlashBack)…makes me go “eh?”…never really a big fan of KS…not like I am of his ma, his pa (The world’s greatest Expo fan) and his sister…thespians all. I thought KS was brilliant in Phone Booth tho…

No, but then, I need my head examined and I have ADD. :P[/quote]

We should strap you to a chair and make you watch 24 episodes of General Hospital and you might feel that’s a great show too. It is perhaps more thrilling.

Why don’t they leave the end of the episodes with cliffhangers, too? Like you’ll think someone is dead and at the last 30 seconds, they’ll open their eyes, or summa. Why do they have to semi-resolve fates at ep end?
Keifer is a slope shouldered lummox whose trying to be like James Bond. He just doesn’t pull it off. Not even in an anti-hero way. And the whole “I must protect my family” thing is wearing thin. From him, Jamie, and the prez guy, etc. And the whole “I must hide this info from this person or that person ---- to protect them” Ewwww…

And the black family. Like the pretty daughter looks nothing like those people and the son looks like he came from turtle spawn with the neck business going on.

Those two skinny boyish women with buzz cuts, Teri and Nina, what’s that all about? They’re so androgynous. Is that necessary? Whatever happened to the woman who blew up the airplane? Her gf got killed, but she just buggered off entirely! Did I miss Gains killing her?

Like these people have no humour whatsoever. I suppose the scenario doesnt CALL for humour per se, but the acting is so wooden and the actors put nothing “real” into their characters, except maybe Mason. He has some pizazz and the Milo kid. I like the name Milo. It’s so Greek!

Sandy, we really should export you to the US and make you watch daytime TV there for six months. You’d be in ADD heaven.

So does Season 2 continue on from Teri’s death and nobody gets any sleep for another 24? :unamused:
It just got cheezier and cheezier… and that theme music was beginning to get on my nerves. Anyone know the body count? They do that with Sopranos. I think season 1 is supposed to have had the highest body count so far.

How does Rascal feel about Germans being implicated as the key players in all the terrorist hubbub? Why not the French? Iraqis? Maybe it goes down a few more layers still and comes right back to the Americans. As it usually does in the real world, disregarding Fred Smith’s or Tigerman’s delusions.

I downloaded an alternative ending to 24…exactly the same except…Teri lives…how Hollywood…

[spoiler]
quote: “Maybe. Not completely convinced yet. As it turns out, her German contacts seem more highly placed and professional than even the Drazens, and they were pros…”
Correct, but remember that Gaines wasn’t fully trusted - it was mentioned several times that it was a mistake to hire him and that there was objection even before that decision was made.
They also had a contingency plan not involving him and he (Gaines) was surprised by that, indicating that he didn’t know about it nor did he know who was involved.

quote: “How does Rascal feel about Germans being implicated as the key players in all the terrorist hubbub? Why not the French? Iraqis?”
You don’t want to turn this into a political thread, do you? :wink:

Personally I don’t bother in this case, after all it’s fiction though I am surprised that they choose Germans since it’s ‘too fictious’, there is no mentioning what relationship they had with the Drazens (i.e. why they would work together) or why the Germans would work against the Americans. (Payback time? :unamused: )[/spoiler]

I don’t know - I got burned out after by “5:00” in the series. People are just too stupid and/or mean in that series. [spoiler]Two spouses cheating on each other, a woman sleeping with her supervisor, a wife covering up a suspicious death involving her son, and corruption and lies everywhere. The only character I’m even slightly sympathetic towards is the governor guy - but even he’s a shmuck for not realizing the deceitful machinations of his wife.

And what’s with all the terrorist talk? There are no terrorists at all in the first season - just a non-political assassination in the works. The governor and Kiefer have a price on their heads because they were responsible for killing some Serbian warlord and his family. Now the surviving members of the family have sworn revenge. Where’s the terror? This is a job for CHiPs, not CTU.[/spoiler]

I really enjoyed the first two seasons; I’m using suprnova.com to get the third season as it becomes available.

I guess you do have to suspend your disbelief a little bit. For one thing he gets around quickly. Seeing him stuck in a traffic jam for 2 episodes would not be exciting :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought the 1st series because I’m honest and I want to support it. I will be annoyed if I can’t watch the 2nd one because it wasn’t released because of piracy yet again.

I agree with your thinking, Matthew… I hope people who really enjoy or appreciate something (movie, music, whatever…) end up buying it if possible.

I downloaded all the Friends episodes a long time ago, but buy the DVDs when they come out (ok, I’m a geek).

According to HERE the 2nd season is out in March. I think that’s what it says :blush:

That’s what it says!

The first two seasons were both great… I’m still waiting to form an opinion on the third season (still in progress).