🚶 🚶‍♀️ Tourists | Coming to Taiwan to sell art/wares on the street

How does that work? He first brews strong coffee and then splashes the brew on a canvas? Pictures please!

It was half a year ago, I didn’t think to take pics (in fact I do t take pics of vendors because they tend to not like that).

He brews very strong coffee, then uses a brush and paints on heavy paper like watercolor.

1 Like

Not sure if coffee is good for painting, has to be really strong, I guess, and then you have just brown…

Yea, it was very strong coffee, then it was likely further concentrated by boiling them until it’s almost damn near instant coffee, or maybe he just used instant coffee but made a very strong solution. The picture was brown only.

I mean surely you can’t just find those on aliexpress for next to nothing? Actually he makes a painting, then have prints of it made. The prints are sold for less money, while the original is sold for more.

Yes it’s only one color but when has that stopped artists from expressing their creativity? We see lots of good pencil drawing out there. Actually one guy made VERY good drawing, using only a ball point pen, shading and all that.

We did this as a class way back when I was at college, it was used as a way of exploring tone in paintings by limiting the palette.

4 Likes

Very cool.

Yes some people are really good at it, I would sooner drink the coffee :coffee: .

But seriously if some on has this level of talent and is using it to travel the world, good luck to them. But the people with questionable skills or talent are the one who end up spoiling it for the rest.

Taiwanese street life can be a bit dull in places no harm in some people selling their knickknacks and paintings. Same with street performers , the more the merrier.

1 Like

Be talented or talentless, just don’t bore me with mediocre.
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Except most street performers just play the same tired popular tunes and have no flavor whatsoever.

What street performers I hardly ever see any.

Lots of those in danshui, playing 50 year old songs. Nobody plays anything original.

I much rather they play classical music.