Toys R Us

Trying to figure out toys for a very active (soon to be) 5yo girl and her equally-active 7yo brother. I’ve just wandered into the world of dance mats, which seem to be a good idea - although it’s not my world.

The better ones come with an HDMI connection (also Aux) as well as a port for a USB stick. I think those options would let me buy one here in the USA while also allowing them to listen their own music. The HDMI option is for an inexpensive HD camera (included) that lets them see themselves dancing on a big-screen tv, or playing interactive games.

However, I think it would be more convenient to buy a dance mat in Taiwan and avoid schlepping it over in a suitcase (or shipping it, which is at least as expensive). Also, I suspect that dance mats in Taiwan are as good, or likely even better, than anything I can buy here since the activity seems to be karaoke adjacent.

I’d love to hear from anybody who has one for their kids. Any recommendations? Or opinions to share? Experience with Apple Arcade alternatives?

1 Like

We had one back in the Playstation 2 era, it was pretty good. The problem is the parents can sometimes hog it, especially after they’ve had a few vinos

1 Like