Tracking sheet of services closed to foreigners

Hello,

I remember someone in the Forum maintained a very helpful Google spreadsheet, tracking if banks do support foreigners to open accounts.

Today I wanted to sign up for a sim card with 傳遠 and they told me they ask for a security deposit of 2500 TWD to be paid by foreigners. A request not made to Taiwanese.

Then I tried to use IBON to sign up for Line Mobile at a 711 and the terminal only supports Taiwanese nationals for this. However it seems to work for foreigners on their website.

Another positive example is the website for signing up for driver license tests.

These examples made me think that it would be really helpful to share experiences in the form of a spreadsheet with other foreigners. It doesn’t have to be very exact information but it would be really helpful to check there and see what to roughly expect.

Has anyone made something like this before or would anyone be willing to contribute?

Sometimes I am happily surprised that some government online service works for foreigners and sometimes it is really annoying when it does not. So any orientation would be helpful.

1 Like

I think you might have seen this on Facebook rather than here? If so, I know the one you’re talking about and added some stuff to it, but not sure whether it really took off since the guy posted it.

Or maybe you’re thinking of this thread and this link?

https://identity.tw/

1 Like

Hi,

thanks a lot for linking to the other thread. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I do not have Facebook, I think I saw the bank sheet here on Formosa.

1 Like

Oh okay. I don’t remember seeing anything recently, but maybe someone else knows. :slight_smile: