Trafalgar: 200 Years On And The Frogs Lost Again!

Today marked the official anniversary of the Royal Navy’s victory over Napoleon’s um, navy.

In the re-enactment of the battle, the French lost again.

Haha. They thought they might win the re-enactment. Ils sont fut…haha.

:uk: :uk: :uk:

[quote=“sheepshagger”]Today marked the official anniversary of the Royal Navy’s victory over Napoleon’s um, navy.

In the re-enactment of the battle, the French lost again.

Haha. They thought they might win the re-enactment. Ils sont fut…haha.

:uk: :uk: :uk:[/quote]

?

You better hope your outing is false or you’ll be up for a banning yourself Chewy. You know better than that. :fume:

My apologies Captain. Sometimes my fingers do the thinking instead of my brain. :blush:

[quote][quote=“sheepshagger”]Today marked the official anniversary of the Royal Navy’s victory over Napoleon’s um, navy.
quote][/quote][/quote]

Uhm, was this important?

Battle of Saratoga kind of thing?

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote][quote=“sheepshagger”]Today marked the official anniversary of the Royal Navy’s victory over Napoleon’s um, navy.
quote][/quote]

Uhm, was this important?

Battle of Saratoga kind of thing?[/quote][/quote]

snort

Isn’t it offensive to refer to the French as frogs?

No. It would be rude to refer to them as garlic-eating lazy good for nothing sheep-burning scroungers incapable of doing a day’s work without an EU handout. But I don’t think sheepshagger did that.

We call New Zealanders ‘Kiwis’, and Americans ‘Yanks’ (at least in some parts of the world), and Germans ‘Krauts’. I guess if we say it with no harmful or derogative intentions, then it should be ok. Certainly, if they take offense, then things should change. Otherwise, Frogs, Kiwis, Yanks, and Krauts they are! :smiley:

[quote=“Wookiee”]Isn’t it offensive to refer to the French as frogs?[/quote]This is true, it is offensive to them.
The correct term is “Cheese eating Surrender Monkeys.”

Do a google on it.

We call New Zealanders ‘Kiwis’, and Americans ‘Yanks’ (at least in some parts of the world), and Germans ‘Krauts’. I guess if we say it with no harmful or derogative intentions, then it should be ok. Certainly, if they take offense, then things should change. Otherwise, Frogs, Kiwis, Yanks, and Krauts they are! :smiley:[/quote]

And in all regions within our Empire/Commonwealth, such as Scotland, Canada, Australia, etc., the English are known as ‘Sir’ or ‘Madam’. :slight_smile:

High 5 :sunglasses:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Wookiee”]Isn’t it offensive to refer to the French as frogs?[/quote]This is true, it is offensive to them.
The correct term is “Cheese eating Surrender Monkeys.”

Do a google on it.[/quote]

urbandictionary.com/define.p … er+monkeys