Transfering money overseas

Hi,

Does anyone have an information as to the most cost effective way of sending money from Taiwan to Canada. It seems somewhat expensive to wire money (NT$300-NT$500) per transfer. Any ideas?

Compared to $40 a pop in the United States, it’s cheap. I will ask my wife tonight about this though. I remember she wired some money to our US account and cost less than $200NT. Is the account foreign currency or NT? Which bank is it?

The funds can either be in NT or Foreign Denominations, it does not matter for me. As for the bank, I have contacted several and it seems that the prices vary, however almost always fall between the ($300-500NT) range.

P.S. Thanks for your help!

There is a foreign exchange fee as well!

Might be better to open another bank account and get an ATM card for it - send the card home and get someone with the pin number there to withdraw the cash. You get charged about $100NT in ATM fees - I think?
Anyway - someone told me that this is the cheapest way!

Spoke to my wife last night. $200NT (at most $300NT) is what you should pay (plus foreign exchange fee, which, as I recalled, wasn’t all that bad). $500NT is crazy talk.

Flat rate I pay at E. Sun Bank (best freakin bank in Taiwan!) is NT320. The money is in my Canadian acount within 48 hrs. I always get attended to as soon as I walk in the door aswell. They speak English and all that. I refering to the E Sun in Taoyuan and also the one in Jung Li.