Transfering scooters after ARC expired?

Hi everyone,

So as the title suggests, my ARC has already expired as my work contract in Taiwan has ended. I have a scooter registered under my name, which I was not able to sell before the end of my contract.

After coming back to Taiwan with a tourist visa for a couple of weeks, I am now planning to leave Taiwan for good. Since the scooter is quite old and it seems hard to sell, I am planning to even leave it to a friend of mine for free, or directly scrap it.

The question is: can I do any of these things as my ARC has expired? Has any of you encountered this situation before?

I think the expired ARC may be fine if you can provide that to the potential new owner, not 100% sure though so hopefully someone else has experience to share.

5.When an alien has returned to his or her native country, how do you transfer the vehicle registered under his or her name?

New registration:
Please submit the original ARC, seal or signature, motor insurance certificate, vehicle import certificate, factory-gate certificate, tax certificate, type approval documents, and supplier’s invoice.

Transfer:
Please submit the original ARC, seal or signature, and motor insurance certificate, and vehicle import certificate. If the transfer is being handled by a third party in the absence of the previous or present owner, a second document, e.g., passport, must also be submitted.

Taipei City Motor Vehicles Office-Vehicle Registration